CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday, what?

I think there was a big game on today, but I got to enjoy a final lunch at BJ's Brewery with surrogate friends and come home to a quiet house all to myself for the evening! Logan and Brian went to the cousins' house for the game and Ciera got to go see a movie with her aunt and Grandma. I think everyone should be happy.

Lunch was great. We got to meet a new surro in the area and 2 surros came from about 2 hours away just to have lunch with us. I've really had a craving for pancakes-and not the ones I can make at home, actual restaurant pancakes, but BJ's doesn't serve pancakes so I had a tough choice, baked potato with brocolli, cheese and alfredo sauce or the open face chili cheese burger with onion strings. If I was to take a poll, I'm sure you could all guess that I ended up with the chili burger. I wish I had taken my camera to take a picture of it for you. It was delicious for lunch and equally good for dinner tonight. Somehow, that did not give me heartburn!

The babies were pretty good to me physically during lunch. There weren't any major movements, just the pressing/stretching out that they do. The hardest part of the day was probably getting out of my chair each time I had to go to the restroom. The pressure from little girl just seems to get more intense each day. Fortunately it's not so bad while I'm lying down. My feet are officially swollen and if I could talk myself into going to a store, I'd pick up something that fits them.

This week is pretty clear. The kids have another field trip on Monday (bad timing, they usually aren't so close together). Because we are at a small charter school (120 kids k-8), we do not bus the kids anywhere. Anytime there is a field trip, we need parent drivers. They are going to downtown Sacramento (about a 45 min drive each way) to see 2 educational films at the IMAX theater. I really was looking forward to seeing the movies, but they were able to get enough drivers without me, so Brian is going to meet the kids at the theater and see the film with them. I will hang out in bed and consider shampooing my hair.

The rest of the week is pretty open. Ciera will still go out and pitch with Brian and Logan has basketball practice on Thursday and Friday. I have an OB appointment on Thursday, where I can get my weekly relief that my blood pressure and urine are all OK. Again, if I could talk myself into going to a store, I could take my own blood pressure. I have about 7 minutes of copying to do if I feel up to it and that's it. The rest of the week I get to lie around and gestate.

By the way, are the babies missing from the ticker on anyone else's screen?

4 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I see the babies in the ticker, just so you know. Maybe it's your computer.

Sounds like you had a nice lunch and that chili burger sounded delicious, though I don't know how you got so lucky as to not get heartburn!!!

MylissaLynn said...

Is this better?

Cyn said...

I'm glad someone can still see them :)

Heartburn set in big time right around 8pm.

MylissaLynn: absolutely!!

Jenn.. .. .. said...

That burger gave me heartburn looking at it!! I'm glad you avoided it!! It was great to see you.. .. ..