CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a lovely day here and hope that everyone else was able to have at least half as nice of a day!

I'm going to back up to Friday. It's always a nice day to not have to get up and take the kids to school. We spent a very lazy day doing nothing until Brian got home from work at 4. We then headed down for a delicious dinner. The babies were very well behaved and I slept WONDERFULLY Friday night, although little boy was VERY active around 10:45!

Logan had a 9am basketball game, so we were up early. They lost again, but Logan played one of his best games ever. The team as a whole had a tough time getting a shot to go in, but Logan's understanding of where to be and what to do has greatly improved. He was quite aggressive (especially for Logan) with the rebounds and steals today. At the game the babies were both very active. I actually had my first moment while sitting that I was certain I was going to pee myself. Little girl must've reached down and done something. I'm so thankful to have not actually wet myself.

We had an early Valentine lunch of Round Table pizza (a family favorite). We all got to order our favorite, so there was even enough for dinner. We had a very nice day hanging out as a family. We watched City of Ember, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist and Click today. Ciera and Brian also went out to pitch and to pick up a new pair of sneakers (she's been squeezing her 9 1/2 foot into a pair of 8 1/2's). Logan and I finished up the rough draft of his book report. He now has until Thursday night to do his final draft in cursive.

The babies continued to remain active for most of the day. There was one point where Logan put his hand on my belly and couldn't feel a baby part at all. The one time when someone wasn't poking out somewhere. I was able to find a little spot that you could feel a 'hard baby part' and Logan was satisfied with that.

Brian had a revelation today. If you recalled he had decided I'd birth the babes on the 17th. He told me today that he doesn't think it's possible that they'd really be born in just 4 short days. I have to agree, I'm pretty sure we have at least a week and honestly I'm feeling pretty good about our odds of getting March birthstones.

I do however think I will become much more uncomfortable as the days progress. I am starting to feel at a point of 'how could I possibly stretch any bigger'? My stomach is hard and tight all the time, there's just not much room in there. During the day I feel pretty OK, but when I get up in the night to go potty I feel like a large elephant walking from the bed to the bathroom. I can technically still drive, but I'll admit it's getting tougher. Reversing or looking behind me is the worst though. I didn't have a problem driving with the last pregnancy. Fortunately I don't have much driving to do, just taking the kids to and from school and my weekly OB appointment. I'm wondering if I'll have to call in help to get the kids to and from school by the end of the month though.

As long as we make it to 37 weeks on Thursday I will feel just fine about the babies coming on their own. But for STE's sake, I'd love to be able to hold off until March. I can not even imagine how stressed she must be about tackling everything right now. If you didn't catch it in the comments, S had a bicycling accident and broke a wrist and his other elbow. He's apparently in a sling and a cast. And to top it all off her mother that was going to help out with the kids has also injured herself! How do you get two babies home on a plane with a DH in a sling and a cast? I guess it's a good thing she ordered the slings that she can use together for both babies!

3 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

Oh my I can't believe how close you are. No doubt there isn't any room left for the babe's to grow. You wear pregnancy so well though Cyn. The last pics that you posted were awesome! What you have done for STE is incredible and I just love you for it.

Hugs.

Nathan said...

Hey there! You look great! What a rotten day at the doctor's. Sorry about that...so maddening. Please let us know if we can help with rides in the next few weeks. peace.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too! I can totally relate to feeling like you just can't stretch any further, and I didn't even make it to where you are. Your doing an awesome job and are almost there!