CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 9, 2009

A pretty good Monday

I really expected to sleep great last night. It was feather bed fluffing night and we put on fresh, clean sheets. I also didn't really nap on Sunday and slept poorly Saturday night. All of those things combined should've allowed me a glorious night of sleep.

It wasn't a bad sleep, once I got there. Both kids had trouble getting to sleep as well. Perhaps we all slept in too much on Saturday. I drug myself out of bed at 7:04 to get Logan in the shower. When we get in the van, a few minutes late, we immediately noticed that the Garmin GPS was missing. We all hoped that perhaps Brian had needed it and had taken it before he left for work.

When I got home Brian confirmed my fear, he did not have Garmin. Apparently someone had taken it, but left my purse and checkbook (neither of which should've been left in the car, I know). I couldn't be 100% sure that I'd locked the van that night. I immediately filed a report online (love that option) and within 30 minutes I had a call from the Police Department. They had picked up a guy earlier that morning that had a lot of GPS units and they wanted me to come identify mine. We still had the box and serial number, so that made the whole process so much easier. Turns out they also had my watch, but we can't think of anything else that's missing from the van.

When I got home it was absolutely nap-time. It was only 10 so I felt a little silly setting the alarm for 2:45, but figured better safe than sorry. My greatest fear is getting a wake up phone call at 3:30 because I've forgotten to pick up the kids from school. Imagine my surprise when I finally got up and it was already 2:30! No wonder I was hungry.

It was a very low key afternoon and an early dinner (more tri-tip). I think we're all just puttering around until we can go to bed. Both kids were very tired today and hopefully we'll all get to bed easily and on time.

Physically I feel pretty good today, but I haven't really done anything. The back feels pretty good and the feet aren't very sore. The babies continue to remain active and it seems as though little girl A prefers when there is no pants band pressing on her. Unfortunately I can't seem to get anything to stay below the belly while sitting, so I spend a lot of time with no pants on, but wrapped in a blanket-for everyone's comfort. I'm sure 3 more weeks of growth will make this situation much better!

Tomorrow is another day much like today. I have nothing on the calendar except finishing up the laundry that was started today. Wednesday I have to take the dog to the groomer and a short meeting at school. Thursday I have my ultrasound, so it will be my busiest day of the week by far. Friday there is no school, so we get to sleep in and I don't have to make dinner. We're having a birthday dinner for Brian's dad that night. Then we're back at the weekend again. Even though I only have a 1 hour game commitment each Saturday and Sunday, they are my busier days.

3 comments:

Sanda said...

That is amazing and wonderful that you were able to get your Garmin back and so quickly! I'm seriously impressed with your law enforcement!!

MylissaLynn said...

Gotta quit leaving your toys in the van!!! Its great that you got it back though. How come I'm never that lucky???

MyLifeMyWorld said...

So glad you were able to retrive it. Funny they didn't take the purse though.

Equally nice to hear you had a restful day and not too uncomfortable today.