CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Furlough Friday

I SLEPT GREAT LAST NIGHT!! I slept a solid stretch from 11-3 before having to reposition or go potty! 3-6:46 was also great!! I feel really good today, although I'm still looking forward to my nap at 12:30.

I broke down and made pancakes at home. They were exactly what I'd been wanting! Normally I make them thin because that's how the kids like them, but the IHOP commercials show big, thick pancakes-and that's what I wanted. It finally dawned on me that I don't HAVE to make them thin. So I thickened up the batter and they were delicious! I am actually feeling a little 'over full' right now and would love to take my nap, but I promised Ciera a hot lunch today-it's just another hour.

I fell asleep chuckling at the babies last night. As I was trying to tuck myself into a comfy spot, so were they. They both shot out in different spots and applied a lot of belly stretching pressure. No matter how much I rubbed their little body parts, they wouldn't relax and sink back in. I finally fell asleep despite their odd positions.

The feet are still swollen and they've finally gotten to the stage of feeling really good when someone rubs the top. If I could reach them myself I'd rub them all day long. But since I can barely put my pants on by myself I have to wait for someone else to rub them for me. Logan is very sweet about being willing, but he just can't seem to apply any pressure. Ciera did a great job rubbing my feet during the last pregnancy, but she can't even be bothered to do it this time. Thankfully, Brian will do it happily before getting into bed.

Today is Brian's first 'Furlough Friday'. Our wonderful governor has decided that a 10% pay cut shouldn't affect us too much and we might really enjoy having 2 Friday's off a month. Today was the first Friday. Thankfully we won't notice the financial hit until after the babies are born, so they won't have to feel my stress. Ciera's softball team is hosting a Tri-tip dinner tomorrow night, so Brian is off to spend his 'free Friday' helping to set up for the dinner. He's also been a trooper about having to work my share of the event as well.

The weather has turned rainy again (although I'm not sure you can call this occasional sprinkling a rain), so I think we will have potato soup with ham for dinner. Everyone seems to enjoy this and it's such a nice thing for a cool evening. Tonight Brian is running Logan's basketball practice and then he's taking Ciera to pitch. Good thing he got to sleep in today, it sounds like he's got a lot of running around to do.

Saturday is looking to be a nice day though. We all get to sleep in and Logan doesn't have basketball until 5:30. Ciera and Brian have to work at the Tri-tip dinner, but Logan and I get to spend the evening at home, perhaps watching a horrible movie.

I mentioned to the kids last night that the babies will be born within a few weeks and they were both shocked and surprised. It really has flown by!

1 comments:

Nathan said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments on our blog. We're grateful for the support and we're cheering you on as well. Just talked with a good friend considering surrogacy...I may connect you two if she decides to go forward with it. May you sleep well and eat often. We had panners today too!