CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

My families week in review

With all of the excitement of the birth I neglected to put down family memories.

Sunday while V&B were being born, Logan had his final indoor soccer game. I had really hoped to make it since I'd missed the game the week before, but I couldn't get the dr to agree to a C-section in the evening after the game. I don't even know if the boys won or not, but Logan scored a GOAL!! He also had 2 other attempts that were just a little too high, but that he's just as proud of. Ending the season with a goal has allowed Logan to not entirely write soccer off just yet. He's not committing to fall soccer, but he's agreed to wait until sign-ups to decide.

Ciera had softball practice and then got to have lunch and go shopping with a friend on Sunday. She had a great time and came home with leftovers too. Brian and the kids rented a few movies and seemed to do just fine without me.

On Monday Logan got his Johnny Tremain report back. He was so excited to have received an 'A'. He even brought with him to the hospital to show me. I'm just thrilled that he got it done on time and learned another method of tracking his thoughts for a report. It's also nice to see all of his effort and dedication to the project paid off in the end.

The rest of the week was just a regular week. Ciera has finally hit a wall with her school work and has required us to step back in a little to monitor her. She's not pleased about us 'butting back in', but her weekly grade reports are showing us that she's not applying herself quite right. Her excuse is that she's still doing better than the other kids in her class, but that doesn't quite cut it for me. She's having a tough time dealing with the fact that expectations are different for her because she's capable of more. I'm hoping to be back on track by next week's grade report. On the plus side, she's doing very well socially at school and her twosome has grown to include a few other girls. Just a month ago she was complaining about a new student wearing too much make up and now she's decided that maybe a little bit of black eyeliner might be OK. She did go to school on Friday with a little bit of black shadow rimming her lid. First it was skinny jeans, then make up, by the end of the year will there be talk of a boy? My baby is growing up!

Logan stayed home from school on Friday with a sick belly. He slept most of the morning and took the rest of the afternoon easy. His class has been learning to finger crochet and have moved on to making 'things' and using hooks. He finally asked for a hook of his own and he spent the afternoon using it. I never thought he'd crochet or that he would choose to sit quietly and do anything that required fine motor skills aside from video games.

Today Logan had another basketball game and I was determined to be there for it. I actually did just fine and enjoyed seeing him play. He has become so much more aggressive since the season started. He scored a few baskets (depending on who you ask-I saw 1 basket, he says he made 3) and a few free throws. The rest of today was spent playing video games with Brian (a reactivated hobby since he's been home caring for me), getting caught up with homework and maybe a movie tonight.

As for me, I'm really doing quite well. I still haven't become weepy/emotional but I am apparently a little short tempered and 'over concerned with the little details' at home. The pumping has gotten better each day and I'm not feeling sore or sucked to death. Wednesday I got 2 oz for the entire day. Thursday it increased to 7 oz, but by Friday I was up to 21 oz for the entire day. Things are looking like they will be increased today as well.

I'm slowly backing off the meds as well. I realized I was feeling SO good I was feeling tempted to do more than I should so I cut back on my Vicodin and intend to be entirely off of it by Monday morning (which shouldn't be too tough since I'm almost out of them).

I seem to have had a bit of a reaction to the adhesive that was used. After a bit of hydro cortisone and some patience it seems to be healing finally. It is no longer itchy or bright red. My swelling is also still slowly getting better. I still can't wear my shoes, but they are much more 'foot' looking. The rest of my body swelling is also slowly receding, although I'm starting to lose my patience with it.

3 comments:

Wewurtskihit said...

Sounds like all is normal in your house again. Or should i say it reads like nothing changed. Mommy just went to have a couple of kids real quick so lets not get TOO exited...LOL

Cyn said...

If only you knew how true! My 12 year old said to me today, "You had another c-section?" Apparently we neglected to mention that part to her.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Looks like everything is getting back to it's routine, slowly but surely.

Glad to hear your pumping is doing better and your feeling okay.