CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ugh!

Saturday was a great day! Ciera got dropped off to serve food at the Softball Tri-tip dinner and Logan's basketball game was at 5:30. He played his heart out again although they did not win.

After the game, Brian, Logan and I headed to Target to pick up a sleeping bag for Ciera for the softball team sleepover (apparently her 'camo' sleeping bag from when she was 5 is a little embarrassing). Brian was then off to go work the clean up shift at the Tri-tip dinner. Logan got to get an Icee and then we drove through Carl's Jr. for Western Bacon Cheeseburgers (which were wonderful). By the time we got home and finished eating it was almost 8:30, not quite enough time to watch a movie and really Logan had some shows he was interested in anyhow. I headed to bed and he watched his shows in bed with me as we snuggled the dog. By bedtime I was quite pleased with how 'good' I had felt all day. Yes, the feet looked horrible (Logan said "oh my god, they look like tree trunks!"), but they weren't hurting.

When Brian got home around 11:30 I debated whether it would be wise to fully awaken and discuss the day/evening with him or if I should just stay asleep. I made the wrong choice! It was nice to talk for a bit about how everything went, but when he went to bed at 12ish, I was stuck! I laid in bed 'resting' until about 3:30 when I was finally able to fall back asleep. I did have a bowl of cereal while I checked out the internet around 1ish, but mostly I really tried hard to go back to sleep. It's funny that lying in the same positions awake is not half as comfy as when I'm asleep. And to top it all off, I received a reminder call at 9am (on a Sunday) about my ultrasound this coming Thursday.

I'm feeling OK, but I can feel the tiredness in my body this morning. My back aches, my hips hurt and my legs are achy-but it's all from lack of sleep. Apparently there is a difference between 'resting' your body and getting sleep.

Ciera has a pitching lesson this afternoon and then Logan has soccer at 3. I'm hoping to get a nap in before or after soccer. The good news is Brian was able to buy a big ziploc bag full of leftover tri-tip (for only $5). We will be eating tri-tip all day. Brian is also stopping by the store with a list for me, so hopefully we'll get to make Rainbow Chip cupcakes today too (darn babies with their crazy desires).

Speaking of the babies, I was shocked at just how much they moved around all night while I was awake. I'm starting to wonder if they actually have sleep periods!

1 comments:

STE said...

I would sure appreciate it if you'd work on sleep training now. I'm afraid they're picking up some bad habits!

:)

Can't wait to meet these little guys!