CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Friday butt-kicking

Maybe Friday's are just harder than Wednesdays? I woke up Friday with swollen feet and they stuck around all day and are still nice and swollen on Saturday. Since the doc said he's not concerned with the swelling, I'm at least relieved although a little uncomfortable.

I drove the kids on the field trip and read my book while they explored a Science fair. The principal was so worried about me driving, she made sure there was another adult in my vehicle-on the off chance I went into labor I guess. Turns out we made it back to school without any labor at all!

I didn't get my nap on Friday and I crashed hard around 5:30. I woke up around 9:30 and did the 'tuck in' thing with the kids. I then returned to bed to watch some TV. I was back asleep by midnight, but found I had a restless night of sleep. It never felt like I'd fallen asleep, but the clock always said it was much later. I tend to wake every hour or two to change positions or go potty. My best sleep comes between 3 & 6. I can sleep in any position at that point, and it just feels good.

Saturday we had a 10:15 basketball game. The boys finally won and Logan played very smart again. He also scored 4 points and had a few rebounds as well as a few assists. After basketball I had a hair appointment. Most of my layers had apparently grown out, which explains why I hated how it looked when I wore it down. She's now got it reshaped and the curl is better, so hopefully when I do it myself tomorrow I'll be pleased.

I then came home and took an hour nap before heading out to hear about softball recruiting and how that works and doesn't work for college. We're still a few years off, but it's always nice to be prepared and know what we're really dealing with.

After sitting for 2 hours I headed straight for the shower when I got home and gave Brian permission to just pick up pizza rather than make the pork chops I'd planned. I intend to spend the rest of the evening in bed-awake or asleep, not so sure.

The babies have been loving avocado the last few days and I've resorted to eating it with salami on wheat. This choice went over great on Friday, today it's given me heartburn! There's still plenty of movement to keep me on my toes and relaxed about how they are doing.

2 comments:

J and D said...

no bus for a field trip. That is great! I love avacodos. yummy

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I can imagine how sleeping can be difficult. During my last weeks/months I too always felt like I never got any sleep. From 9:30am-11:30 was my best sleep, I would pass right out, but all through the night I was dreaming and light sleeping, tossing and getting up to pee.

I do hope you get a good nights rest tonight, it's so hard when your sleep deprived.