CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

34 week OB appointment

I am still pregnant and the babies still have heartbeats-that's about all the OB appointments can ever tell me. My blood pressure was fine 128/70, pulse was good and I'm still gaining more than enough weight! I don't feel like I'm eating a ton, but I'm certainly gaining. The doc wasn't too worried about it though, so I'm not going to either.

He took me back for a quick heartbeat scan on the ultrasound machine again. Little girl is still in the same spot, head down with her back along my left side. Little boy is still transverse, but seems he can't make up his mind as to which side he wants to lie his head. His head is now on my right side again with his bum on my left.

I go back next Thursday and will do my Group B strep test then. Until then I just get to take it extra easy, as he reconfirmed that if I go into labor at any point now they won't try to stop it (although I would do my best to get them to try to stop the contractions at least once before calling it a day). He even went on to let me know he'd be at the hospital this weekend if I were to come in. I definitely have NO plans of delivering this weekend, and quite honestly I have no plans to deliver before Feb 19 at the earliest!

So we had our big talk about the reality of a VBAC for BOTH babies. My biggest worry was a vaginal delivery for Baby A but having to have a c-section for Baby B. He concurred that it was the worst case scenario and he definitely doesn't want to do it both ways. His stance was as long as A could come out, then we should have no problem with B even though he's lying sideways. He said most of the time (even with just 1) a transverse baby will end up head down as a result of the contractions. He also said they can manipulate externally baby B if necessary. He pointed out that we could absolutely schedule a c-section (but not until March), but that he really thought the odds of a vbac were very good. SO, I guess we just wait and see still. The next big ultrasound is 36 weeks and we shouldn't have a problem getting to 36 weeks.

I'm still amazed at how much easier everything feels this time. Perhaps the worst is still to come in the next 3 weeks, but so far I'm not feeling too bad (as long as I do nothing). Thankfully the weather here is still cooperating. It's been mid 50's and I find it very comfortable. I'm also loving lying around in bed without pants on for most of the day. My pants all 'technically' fit, but the belly is so much happier without any sort of band on it. PJ pants are working out, but there's a good chunk of lower baby belly that hangs out-not super pretty.

The babies are definitely taking up more space though. There's not much lower space left and the upper space is extending further than it used to, the breasts definitely have somewhere to rest their heads.

So for now we try to relax, prepare for the birth, make guesses as to when they will come and when STE should come to town, and find studies to verify that mass amounts of Hershey's chocolate will delay the birth and is actually good for the babies.

Pictures to come later tonight!

5 comments:

MylissaLynn said...

Is this going to be a duplicate? I got a funny looking screen when I hit publish...grrr....

Anyway...when is the next ultrasound????

J and D said...

It sounds like you had a very positive appointment!! YEAH

Earthybirthy said...

Wow, 34 weeks and you make it sound so graceful and easy! I'm loving this weather too! Way to go, you are doing amazing!

Sarah Andrews said...

You ARE doing amazing Cyn. And getting so close. Enjoy slowing down and taking it easy lady. Hugs

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Great to hear your 34 weeks and feeling good! Its nice to have uneventful OB appts, and even nicer to hear that you might get the Vag delivery afterall.

For me, both babies were head down the day before on u/s, and then when I go to deliver, baby A was still head down (he'd been lodged in there for months) and B was head up!

I ended up delivering A normally and B breech and it was all good.

They can still flip right up till the end (at least the higher one aka Twin B can) AND they can also continue to move and flip once the first baby is out, which is good news all around.

Keep your hopes up, just a few more weeks to go!!