CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

32 week weekend update

Logan's first indoor soccer game, playing goalie.

This weeks game was just as great as last weekend. The weather was beautiful, again-67 degrees! As you can tell by the sun shining, they are not actually playing indoors. It's just an enclosed turf field with indoor soccer rules. They play off the walls and they sub in just like hockey. It's such a different game and has been a blast to watch. They won again today 5-0 and Logan had 3 assists. He's still learning the differences between indoor and outdoor soccer, but he's loving this new experience. It's also the first time he's been on a winning team, ever. Now, we know that winning is not everything, but it sure does feel good to finally be a part of a winning team and still get playing time.

I am finally feeling so much better! I'm still a little congested when I wake up, but that's fairly normal for the pregnancy. It feels so good to feel healthy again. Ciera had a friend over for the night Friday and Logan had a friend come for the day before he went to basketball practice. I've only been going to one of the two practices for basketball and apparently I went to the wrong one this week. Brian came home from Friday's practice with so many great things to say about how Logan played. They scrimmaged another team and Logan actually gave point guard a try-and did great!

Saturday we had a bye for basketball, so we got to sleep in a bit. Ciera had a pitching lesson at 11, but Logan and I got to just hang out all morning. While flipping through the channels we came across Coneheads. Logan thought it was very funny. I enjoyed seeing all of the old Saturday Night Live people looking so young! We really didn't do much on Saturday. We had pork roast, mashed potatoes and broccoli for dinner-and everyone ate, again! We then watched The Fall, which was OK, although I wouldn't want to watch it again-just an odd movie.

I slept great Saturday night. I slept straight through from 12-7:30 without having to get up to potty! Considering I was getting up every 2 hours, I was thrilled with 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I've been much thirstier the last few days, so I was really surprised. Sunday Ciera and Brian went to softball practice, where Ciera was worked hard again. She came home and could actually feel the dirt on her face! Logan and I spent the morning watching TV and reading the first chapter of Johnny Tremain. This is the book for his February book report. All of the 5th graders are reading the same book. He'd had a little trouble understanding what was happening in the '8' pages he'd read on his own. He said they talked weird (which was Ciera's complaint about historical fiction). I thought if I read the first chapter aloud with him and explained things as we went along that it might help him to get through the rest of the book on his own. He says he can read the rest on his own now, so hopefully that's true. The book report must be written in cursive and have a summary for each chapter. It's not due until February 20, but that's right around the time that babies could be born, or at the very least I might not be able to be right on top of him. So I want it done and just needing a final draft by the last week. I figure it can't hurt him to have it done early.

After soccer Logan's friend got to come for a sleep over. He hasn't had a sleep over with a friend (besides his cousins) since summer. The family had burgers, home fries and baked beans for dinner. Since we had burgers for lunch we were short buns and we were using the frozen burger patties, which I just don't care for. So I had enchiladas and home fries. Another successful meal that everyone enjoyed.

Once again I'm feeling pretty darn good for 32 weeks pregnant with twins. My mom observed on Saturday that it looks as though my feet are swelling a little. Really it's just my cankles, the feet don't look too bad. And honestly I think they look great for 32 weeks, but I'll be sure to point it out to the doc next week. We have big plans for tonight, we are going to fluff the feather bed!! It's nice most days, but it's exceptional the night we fluff it!

We've still got quite a bit of movement happening and it's pretty neat to rub my belly and feel little boy body parts-if only I knew what parts!

Monday should be pretty nice as well. We all have the day off and Logan will get to play with is friend. Brian claims he may finally get his hair cut, but we'll see. Ciera and I are going to exchange a pair of pants at the mall and then stop by Costco for some 'staples'. I think we'll get through the day!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

J and D said...

Soccer! Such fun. 8 more weeks, are you going to keep up your blog when you are done?

Cyn said...

Really we're only looking at 6 more weeks-there's no reason to carry twins to 40 weeks!

Continue blogging? I guess that depends on how interested people are to hear how much milk I'm able to pump in a day :)

Jenn.. .. .. said...

I'd keep reading, just because I love keeping up with you!!

I love playing indoor soccer!! It's definitely different and such a faster pace. I am glad Logan is enjoying it (and winning!!)!

Can't wait to see you again!! ~j

Nathan said...

Want to hit ColdStone tomorrow? We've got a gift certifcate...it'll be like free Tuesdays for you! Let me know. We're open after noon. Peace

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I love hearing how things are going, so I do hope you keep up with the blog. 32 weeks, I'm so glad your feeling well and got over that nasty cold.

Take care