CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

An interesting and true pregnancy fact

This was included in my weekly e-mail that tells me what to expect and what the babies may be doing:


Research shows that pregnant women experience forgetfulness 15 percent more than nonpregnant women. Memory returns after delivery.

I find it very interesting that this fact should have been sent today. Just yesterday I thought I was losing my mind. I KNOW that I opened up a new tube of toothpaste on Tuesday, the box was still in the garbage. But when I went to brush my teeth on Wednesday, I couldn't find it anywhere. All I could think is where would I have put it? I know I didn't brush my teeth downstairs on Tuesday (which sometimes does happen). It wasn't in a drawer or in my bedroom! When Logan came home from his sleepover Wed, he let me know that he packed my toothpaste in his bag and that's why I couldn't find it. I also couldn't find my envelope with all of my Christmas receipts in it. I finally found it in my 'return' bag several hours later.
For awhile I'd been feeling like my forgetfulness was getting better, but I guess I'm back to needing to leave myself notes everywhere-thank goodness for Christmas sticky notes!

On the plus side, I seem to be doing OK brushing my teeth. I still have a bit of the gag reflex, but if I'm careful and pay attention while brushing, I can get through it easily enough.

I haven't been drinking as much milk lately and I'm wondering if that might be effecting why I've been having heartburn more often recently.

I have found a downside to the
feather bed. It's still quite comfy and I haven't 'fluffed' it since I put it on the bed Monday, but I'm finding it hard to get out of. Fortunately I can use the headboard to help propel my belly up and over so that I can 'roll' off the side of the bed. I'm sure this problem will only get worse and perhaps become comical. I am now at a point where I have to ask Brian nicely to pull the blanket up and over my feet so I can go to sleep. That whole 'sitting up and bending over' thing is getting pretty hard. So far he hasn't complained and he's even willing to put my socks on my feet for me (good thing most days it's still warm enough to not wear socks).

1 comments:

Jenn.. .. .. said...

How sweet of Brian. I think we need a video of you trying to get out of bed! ; ) Happy New Year to you and family!! We need to get togther soon!!