CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The day in review

This morning we all got up with the intention of going to school. Logan had come home sick on Wednesday, but was feeling much better by the evening. He got up easily and took his shower. As soon as he got out of the shower, his belly started hurting again. We decided he should stay home another day, but that he would go with me to the OB appointment and I'd pick up his school work. He got busy on his work right away and only has 2 small assignments to finish tomorrow at school, plus he read his chapter of Johnny Tremain.

So off we go to the OB appointment. I am really enjoying Logan at this age, he has so much going on in his head and he has no issues sharing those thoughts. The down side is it seems he always has something to say and especially about things that my brain just doesn't think of. It was still nice to spend the day alone with him though. At the OB appointment he moved around so that he could see the ultrasound screen while doc was talking about what he could see. He claimed he wasn't interested, but he was clearly checking it out.

On the way home we checked the mail and there was a Christmas gift for the kids from Aunt Lee, a Toys R Us gift card. Logan was so excited and asked if we could go today. Apparently he'd really been wanting the Club Penguin figures that his cousin received for Christmas, but he didn't want to spend his money on them-a gift card is totally different though.

So I took my nap while Logan finished up his schoolwork and then we picked up Ciera and headed to Toys R Us. Logan ended up with 2 Club Penguin figures, a Nerf gun and a bottle of candy. Ciera also managed to spend almost all of her gift card. She picked up some wacky stuff at the toy store-rubber ducky's, pens and bottle lids (as close as I'll let her come to buying a bottle). They were both quite pleased with their haul and left happily.

Brian met us at the store and he and Ciera headed off to pitch and hit. Logan and I returned home and he immediately tore open the Nerf gun. He spent the next 2 hours shooting Nerf darts and asking me to 'watch this one'. Since I couldn't JUST watch Nerf darts, I got busy reading the 'back story' of others' blogs. You may have noticed that there are several 'followers' and it only seems right to follow their blogs also. But many of them have been blogging for quite a while and I've only read their current entries. So today I got caught up on A History of a VERY Special Journey. Their little girl is now 6 months old, but she was once a little embryo as well. Dad is a very good writer though, and I'm now questioning all of my rambling and how it sounds to others as they read it. I'm guilty of not proof-reading before I hit publish. The most I get to is spell checking. Over the course of the next month I hope to read all of the 'old entries' on everyone's blogs I follow.

Logan and I decided we'd have pigs in a blanket and baked beans for dinner. This is not something we'd want to eat every night, but once in a while it's not so bad. Then it was time for basketball practice again. Unfortunately 'someone' took my chair out of the van, so it was a very long hour! I came home and took a hot shower before settling in to watch the latest episode of Sober House.

Everyone is now tucked away in bed and fingers crossed, will be asleep soon. Tomorrow is a fairly easy day. Ciera does have a school field trip and I will be driving for it. I will not be participating in the field trip though. I will hang out in the van while they spend 3 hours walking around checking out science experiments. The seats actually recline quite nicely and I'm sure it will be fine.

The babies' movement has not bothered me so much today as Baby B's head just seems to be jutting out of my skin and it's a bit sensitive. I've also had a bit of pelvic/upper, inner thigh discomfort, but I know this is entirely normal considering I'm 34 weeks and there's at least 8 pounds of baby in there.

0 comments: