CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Almost human

I am feeling SO much better today-not 100%, but functioning. I took my last Tylenol dose at 2pm yesterday and I've been OK without it. There's still mild pressure behind my nose and in my head, but tolerable. I'm less congested and finding everything to be draining a bit more today, so that's bothersome, but again tolerable.

I have an OB appointment this afternoon and I will stop by the mall and see about returning a few things for Ciera. (She bought a $65 pair of shoes 43 days ago and both shoes are pulling apart from the sole. I'm hoping for a replacement pair, $65 shoes should hold up better than that.)

I would really like to stop by the grocery store and pick up a few items for the week, but we'll play that by ear. I'm certainly not up to pushing myself today.

We've done really good with the meals at home lately. The night the family got Little Caesar's was the last night we've eaten out. They even finally helped me come up with a 'loose' menu for the week (which is why I need to go to the store). I'm hoping if we can just get through the first couple of weeks eating at home, they won't want to eat out for every single meal. Last night was breaded chicken tenderloin, which they all ate up, but I couldn't bring myself to eat more than 1 bite. I had some cream of wheat and a pop tart instead.

The babes have been very active this morning, pushing and prodding all over. When I played the recording for them last night, they instantly started moving around. Logan was so cute and wanted to know what they were listening to, especially when you could hear P & L talking. At first he asked why I was doing it and then he said "Oh, so that when they're born they know who their family is!"

Logan and I also talked some this weekend about the birth. I told him I may have to miss one of his basketball games and if he knew why. He said because I'll be having babies. I was pleased that he did not seem bothered by the fact that I may miss 1 game, but at least soccer should be over the weekend or two before they are born.

Maybe it's because it's still so far away, but I think I might be in total denial about the whole birth thing. I'm not really worried about STE not making it in time. I think we'll just know and she'll have plenty of time to get here. I'm also not really worried about 'birth' in general, a vaginal or a c-section delivery. Perhaps I have too much faith in the epidural.

So here we are, almost 32 weeks and I'm feeling pretty optimistic about everything.

3 comments:

Sanda said...

Glad you're feeling better!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Great to hear your feeling better!!! You still have a little ways to go before the birth, so maybe it hasn't hit you yet, maybe you'll get lucky and the anxiety won't come at all! That would be nice.

Millie said...

32 weeks?! Where has the time went? I have a couple of minutes to check in and wanted to see how you are. Glad that you are feeling better.
We should get together sometime. I want you to meet my special little man, he is so amazing. And he does have a name... Christopher.