CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

32 week ultrasound

I'll get right to the point-we have no ultrasound pictures. The tech said they are just too big to get a good picture.

But the good news is that the babies are getting big!! Baby girl is still head down, in fact she's now so far down that it was difficult to get a good head measurement. They had to take it several times by two different techs before they decided the measurement was correct. Her little(big) head was measuring 34 weeks and is becoming elongated since she's so far down. The tech said she didn't thing there was any way she could flip at this point (but 'these' babies are capable of anything). Her heart rate was 133 and most of her measurements were right on target. Her leg is measuring 31 weeks, but the tech said it was nothing to worry about. She is weighing in at 4 pounds!!

Baby boy is still transverse, but he has flipped to the other side. He's now lying with his head on my left, tucked up under my ribs. His little leg is measuring bigger than his sister, but his head wasn't a whole lot smaller. His heart rate was 156. He was moving the whole time, active little man. He's weighing in at 3 pounds 10 oz!!

My cervix still looks great and the placentas look good as well. The tech said the pressure between the two was very balanced, which is a good thing. So, things are looking pretty good at 32 weeks.

My cold is getting better, I haven't had to use the saline spray all day, nor have I taken any Tylenol since yesterday! My face has broken out and my hair seems to need to be 'reshaped', but soon I'll be able to breathe through my nose again! I slept really good from about 10 until 3:30 when the dog had bowel issues again and needed to be let out. I couldn't get back to sleep until 6. I went ahead and showered and had some Cream of Wheat, got Ciera up and then went back to sleep until 7.

The hubby is still sick and Ciera stayed home from school sick today as well. Hopefully I can get Brian to upload my videos and pictures sometime today to make up for no ultrasound pictures.

I'm over stressing out about the weight gain and what to do about the birth. By pouring out my thoughts here it allows me to not obsess about them in my head, perhaps I should edit my thoughts before I post them. I've decided to wait until my next OB appointment on the 29th and really have a good chat with the doc about our options and the likelihood of the various outcomes. Until then there's no reason to obsess about it.

Considering I've been fighting a cold for almost 1 week, I feel pretty good for being 32 weeks with twins. I'm definitely feeling better in the cool temperatures than I did at 104 in the summer.

1 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Sounds like everything is right on track...woohooo! Can't wait to see the video and belly pics, I'll bet you got a nice bump going on.

P.S. When you do a baby review from the internet, can you make it bigger? I can't read it very well it's so tiny.