CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Little boy had some hiccups today!

I hung out in a comfy chair at the library all day while Logan had a field trip there. While sitting and reading I laid my hand across my belly for a good portion of the time. I felt a big movement and then a rhythmic 'thump' that lasted for almost a minute. It wasn't something I could see or even feel if my hand hadn't been there. I wonder how many times he's had hiccups and I never noticed due to the placenta being in the front and 'cushioning' a lot of the sensations.

I'm going to complain a little bit about little boy now. Little girl has spent a lot of time pressing on my 'sensitive parts' at random intervals, but little boy seemed to be behaving quite nicely and not causing too much discomfort, again probably something to do with the placenta. Well today my stomach has had it! I am so sore about 4-5 inches above my belly button! I'm feeling very stretched and well, just sore! There's a spot right in the middle above my belly button where I can almost always feel a 'jabby' body part, I'm guessing an elbow, knee or foot. It's extra sensitive/sore at this spot.

I also had quite a hard time getting to sleep last night. Falling asleep on my back doesn't quite work, so of course I try the side. My stomach just feels very upset when I lay on my side. It's an odd sensation and the closest I can come to describing it is just 'queasy', but I'm not really upset in the tummy. I think it's that I'm lying on the babies and they're moving around in protest. The sensation is really hard to just fall asleep and ignore.

So today has been a hungry day, despite the fact that I'm still in shock over having gained 30lbs in 11 weeks. Some days I'm just hungrier than others and today was the day. It actually started last night. I had a bowl of cereal and some crackers with cheese before bed, in addition to my glass of milk. Today I've had a serving of cream of wheat (1 cup milk, 3tbsp cream of wheat), a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat, a fiber one bar, 4 mandarins, 1 prune, 3 fruit and grain bars, 2 servings of potato soup with ham, 1 turkey burger, 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes, 36 oz of water, 25 oz of decaf tea (to help with this morning's congestion), 10 Hershey's Bliss squares and it' s only 6:15! I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of snack between now and bed, if not an actual meal. Next Thursday's ultrasound better show that these babies have grown REALLY big!!

The rest of the day was a basic Wednesday. I thought left-overs sounded like a great idea for dinner, the rest of the family disagreed and they just got back with a Little Caesars pizza. It's really hard to pass up a $5 pizza that's ready when you walk in the door.

I took a couple of clips last night trying to capture movement, but when I replayed them I was never sure if it was movement or if I moved the camera. I'll keep trying though. Tomorrow we begin our 31st week! In less than 8 weeks these little babies will be in their parents' arms!

2 comments:

STE said...

Wait- you ate a PRUNE?!?

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Your blog is so funny considering what I just wrote in my blog!!! And I never read yours first for the record. Your pretty much right on par with me, crazy huh, twins sure does up that week count. 31 weeks, wow, thats a big deal and to think your still up and moving and doing things. I can't imagine that since I was on bedrest it made the twin pregnancy easier in some respects, all I had to do was lay about and read.

And I second what STE said...you ate a prune?!?, GROSS