CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Got ham?

Can someone please explain to me how it is possible that on Jan. 2, there is not a single store that has restocked it's spiral cut hams since Christmas? Correction, Safeway had one ham that was slightly brown in color.

Tomorrow we are having Ciera's birthday dinner with Brian's family and Ciera chose ham. I thought, "Great!" Ham is easy enough to do and won't stress me out. Little did I know that I wouldn't be able to find a ham to buy! I always buy my ham at Sam's Club and was hesitant to buy one from somewhere else, now I just wish someone had one!

Ciera has said she can come up with an alternate plan, but so far all she can come up with is noodles and potatoes. I think we need to come up with a meat option. I'm hoping she'll come up with something overnight.

The good news is I got 2 lasagnas made today, plus a spaghetti dinner (that only 1/2 of us ate). The kids have both learned how to make their own Top Ramen and have been making it all day for the last several days, making them both less hungry at dinner time. Good to know that if I should end up on bed rest at all, the kids can cook themselves some healthy, sodium rich food!

Tomorrow Logan has his basketball pictures and his first basketball game. The coach has yet to teach them about defense, so we're not expecting a lot. Then we've got the dinner, hopefully there will be food of some sort. I also need to come up with a dessert still. Ciera has chosen Rainbow Sherbet, but I feel obliged to provide something that others might want to eat. She's not giving me any other suggestions though, so I guess we'll see what I feel like tomorrow.

Babies have behaved well today, despite a fairly constant state of activeness.

3 comments:

STE said...

Did you try Costco?

Cyn said...

I thought of trying Costco in the morning, but I'm afraid they will be out as well. We'll see how ambitious I'm feeling in the morning I guess.

Sarah Andrews said...

You always make me so hungry with your blogs. I am not surpised about the ham thing. Our grocery stores won't bring back the delicious Cook's spiral ham's until Easter!