CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

We found ham!!

I was scared to go to Costco on a Saturday with only a hope that they would have a spiral cut ham. I was shocked to find no lines AND a ham, plus they are now carrying the turkey burgers with caramelized onions and Swiss cheese that I had found at the beginning of the pregnancy (I'm sure I blogged about it). I had to walk to the back of the store to get the ham and I was still able to get in and out in under 10 minutes. My Costco never has short lines, so I was amazed today!

So dinner went on as planned, ham, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, Yukon potatoes baked in the pineapple/brown sugar ham sauce, and peas. The birthday person gets to pick the menu and my lovely daughter chose peas-and potatoes. We had berry sherbet and brownies for dessert.

We all had a nice time, played some games (Skipbo and Blokus-thanks again), watched some football and played some pool. I paced myself throughout the day so I really wasn't stressed about anything, but I'm a wee bit tired and ready for a bath. Some of it was intentional though, as I only got 6 hours of sleep last night. I'm hoping to be able to fall asleep tonight before 2am. I love our school breaks, but it's so hard to get back on schedule, 6:45 comes so early.

Logan had basketball pictures this morning. Brian took him, but I sent him off with good looking blow dried hair. I love his hair when we blow dry it, not so much when it just air dries (it just gets a tad poofy). Then I ran to Costco after a quick house clean-up. Finally it was time for Logan's first basketball game of the season. It went pretty much as expected, we hadn't gone over defense at any of our practices. We were also playing probably the best of the 5 teams. We did get creamed, but Logan played a fantastic game. He scored the first basket of the game and had many rebounds and even a blocked shot. The best part was seeing him smile out there though. Logan's got basketball practices on Thursday and Friday nights and will begin weekly Saturday games. I believe his indoor soccer games start next Sunday as well.

Tomorrow is our last day of vacation. Ciera has a pitching lesson and then we'll go see High School Musical 3. I think we all would be willing to take another week off, but at least the kids don't complain about going back anymore. They're just happy to be able to see their friends again.

I've been measuring the belly for a while now and it's definitely bigger, although it could just be the babies changed position again. The photos will be uploaded tonight, hopefully.

3 comments:

Earthybirthy said...

Yummy, your food posts make my mouth water! Sadly its 10 pm and i'm now craving ham lol!

Queenie327 said...

Dinner was delicious!!! but know now that I'm not cooking 3 kinds of potatoes. I draw the line with 2.(LOL)

Cyn said...

To be honest, there were 3 types because Ciera wanted the baked potatoes, I wanted scalloped and I know that everyone likes mashed (as well as Ciera). I'm just shocked that we ate almost 5 lbs of mashed potatoes!