CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just a nice day!

Today was a great last day of vacation. We woke Ciera up at 8 to prepare for Monday and Logan got to sleep until 10:20 since he has no problem falling asleep and needs the extra sleep. The kids and I went to an 11:50 showing of High School Musical 3. We waited so long to go see it because I was 'making my point' that it was wrong for the first two to be shown on TV and the 3rd one was a theater release-wrong in my opinion. I refused to pay full price for that, so we waited for it to hit our $3 theater, only it's $3.75 on the weekends (yes, I almost skipped it when I found out they charged more on the weekends). Logan didn't like it as much as the first two and Ciera did enjoy it. I, being the hormonally charged one, cried at least 3 times during this G rated movie meant for an 8 year old! Pathetic, I know!

Ciera then had a pitching lesson with her dad and Logan and I had some lunch at Panda Express. Mostly Logan had lunch, as I still can't find much to eat there (the Chicken with String Beans just didn't look super fresh). We then went next door to Walmart and picked up some yarn for him. He's learned how to 'crochet' at school and was excited to pick his own yarn. Logan does not generally go to the store with me, and I had a really nice time being with him and chatting about all sorts of things. He really is growing into such a neat person and I'm just so proud to call him mine.

We had a hodge-podge of left-overs for dinner and we all watched Footloose. The soundtrack and the dancing was exactly as I remembered it, but I did not remember how boring so much of the dialog was. We did manage to get through it and I was saddened to find that I just could not dance with this belly! We all played a round of Uno and then it was bedtime already. Ciera will of course stay up for another couple of hours reading and packing her things up for school, but Logan should be done reading and fast asleep within 10 minutes.

The babies behaved fabulously today. We slept well last night and there were no gigantic movements that caused even brief discomfort, just the mild wiggling and nudges so that I know they are still there. I didn't even have heartburn today! Unfortunately, the other H twin has reared it's ugly head again. Logan and I had a lovely conversation about them and what causes them (since his pregnancy is when they first appeared). He feels confident that he will never have them.

Tomorrow I see the OB bright and early and we'll see just how much weight I've gained. I'm thinking the number will be a tad higher than expected/hoped for. The weight seems to have come on much easier than it had at the beginning of the pregnancy when the babies were denying me all sugar. Then I'll take Brian's car in for an oil change. I'm also hoping to stop by the mall and try on a Bella Band and see if it works any better than the horribly tight and constantly shifting knockoff I bought at Motherhood. If it works it will allow me to continue wearing my shirts that 'should' fit but will soon be showing the bottom of my belly to everyone. The rest of the day should be fairly easy. I think we'll go ahead and have the lasagna for dinner tomorrow as well, making dinner just as easy.

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

I love UNO!!! hee hee - it was a family fave back in the day! So looking forward to your ultrasound update!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Can't wait to hear how the appt goes. Footloose use to be one of my all time fav movies then you go back and watch it and it's like...ooookkkaaayyyy. LOL.

Good luck tommorrow! P.S. How's your back doing?