CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ah, Tuesdays!

I did take a hot bath Monday night and used my heating pad as well. I thought that would be enough and I'd just be able to go to sleep. Falling asleep was easy, staying asleep was not so easy. I finally got up at 12:30 and took some Tylenol to take away the pain in my leg. The rest of the night was much better.

Tuesday was such a great day. I took the kids to school and was back home and in bed by 9:30. I woke up at 1 in the afternoon, starving! I am really loving the Multigrain Cherrios with sliced bananas. When I finally came downstairs, I was so surprised to see a package sitting on the porch. At first I assumed it was Ciera's new shoes, but the box was so big! I opened the door and it was an Omaha Steak box! STE and family sent a wonderful surprise full of steak, pork chops, burgers and stuffed potatoes (that I can't wait to try). Logan was so excited when I told him there were pork chops in the box. I can't wait to try them out as soon as we eat up the fresh stuff in the fridge. Thanks again for such a thoughtful surprise!!

After school we headed to Coldstone for our Tuesday ice cream. The Oates family came to share ice cream with us and we had a very nice visit. Logan even went out and played light sabers with their son (most of you know that my kids aren't real big on interacting with other kids they don't know, so this was huge). Coldstone stopped their 'buy one get one free' Tuesday special, but we're almost out of our gift card money anyhow. I think we did pretty good stretching it as far as we did.

Brian beat us home today and then went out to play 'full court' basketball at the park with Logan. They had a really good time and got home just in time for the Costco pizza (on sale with a coupon) to come out of the oven. After some nice dinner conversation about the inauguration, Brian took Ciera out to pitch.

Somehow the day is almost over and I'm ready for bed again. Physically I feel much better today. I'm still a bit irritated about all of our sunshine and upper 60 degree days. The weather channel says it should soon start cooling off again-I sure do hope it happens soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found you through another surrogacy blog, and look forward to joining you on the rest of your journey :)

Hope the weather cools for you soon!!!

x
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of that morning!! What a great gift to find too.

3 Boys Keep Us Busy said...

What I would give for a 60 degree day! We've been FREEZING, with high temperatures in the teens!

Mimi

MylissaLynn said...

So when am I invited over for pork chops???? LOL