CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday, 27 weeks 6 days!

Today is our final day in the 2nd trimester!! I have no idea where time has gone! In a few short hours we will have made it to the 3rd trimester! Here's what should be happening for the babies in the next week.

  • Your baby's hair is growing and gaining color now.

  • The little one's lungs are now capable of breathing air, if it were absolutely necessary.

  • Not only is she able to open and close her eyes, but she's even got little eyelashes to bat.

  • Your little boy's testicles developed within his abdomen, but are now descending into the scrotum.

  • Up until this point your baby's brain was smooth. Now, due to rapid growth, those wrinkles that are completely normal on the surface of the brain, are beginning to develop.
Apparently, I should be producing plenty of colostrum at this point and could conceivably begin leaking. I am thankful to report that although I may have heartburn and hemorrhoids, at least I'm not leaking yet! I don't generally leak early, so I'm hoping for the same this pregnancy.

Tomorrow is our 28 week ultrasound and another chance to peek in at the babies. The nice thing about a twin pregnancy is the multiple chances to peek in and make sure everything looks OK. I'm expecting a good report, everything feels pretty much like it should. Some days are better than others, but my back has been doing pretty good, the Zantac is working when needed and I'm still sleeping good. The last 2 days little girl has taken to providing bursts of pressure down below. I'm wondering if I'm just moving too fast for her and she wants to remind me to take it slow-there's babies on board.

I went to Costco today to pick up a few things, namely See's gift certificates and pot stickers (which I can't stand the smell of right now but the family asked for them). $136 later I was headed to See's to redeem my gift certificate for some Christmas chocolate. We've had a few changes this year and we're hoping to start a few new traditions. I think a box of See's chocolate for Christmas is a great tradition to start.

Here's my favorite new find and holiday shipping tip. Were you aware that you can buy postage for your package online, print it out and order a package pick up? They even give you a discount on the postage cost. You don't have to find a parking spot at the Post office and wait 30 minutes in line! My mail carrier just picked up my package that is headed to my brother and his family in Alaska!

I am officially done with all of my holiday shopping. I still need to wrap up a few things, but there is nothing that I need to hunt down. I will still go to Target for a new bath rug, but that doesn't really count. The kids have 2 more days of school and then we're home for 16 whole days. Logan finally read Tale of Desperaux so we will go see the movie sometime over the break. Ciera's birthday is on the 29th, so there are a few other days already mapped out for us. It will just be so nice to not have to be up and showered by 8am. We are all showering in the morning (now that Logan is wearing his hair long), so the morning schedule is pretty strict in order for us all to get a shower with hot water. If Brian wakes up late, someone is not getting a hot shower. I think I look forward to the time off of the regular schedule even more than the food or gifts.

0 comments: