CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

One more post and I'm off to bed-promise!

I meant to explain why I was crying inside of Lowe's today. After going to Costco I returned to Lowe's to purchase the tub, my mom was going to meet me there to help transport it back to the house. I walk to the back of the store (in my too hot sweater inside of the too hot store) and verify that it is still there. I then find the nearest employee to find out what I have to do to buy it. He tells me that I'll need to put it on a flat cart and take it to the front. I said 'really? OK'. As I'm walking away he asks if I have a truck here for it and I say yes, I then throw in snarkily that 'the pregnant lady will get the cart.' He then says, "I'll bring it up in a minute." I was in near tears thinking that this employee and the other one standing next to him chatting are REALLY going to insist that a clearly pregnant lady hike to the front of the store, get a flat cart, bring it to the back of the store and then lift the 6 foot fiberglass tub onto the cart by herself. Apparently I misunderstood and I thanked him for bringing it up while explaining that I misunderstood him. He does in fact bring it to the front of the store and parks it in front of a register and then returns to the back of the store. I guess he's not the guy that would help a pregnant lady load the tub. The guy at the register did ask if I needed help and another employee came out with him to help put it in the truck. These two were very helpful and even waited to help put it in my van after all and they tied down the back door for the trip home. Once home we just had to walk it out of the van and it's actually quite light out of the box, it's fiberglass after all.

So we now have a beautiful tub sitting in the garage just waiting for us to brave the stress involved in taking out the other tub and tile. I'm pretty sure we'll wait until after the babies are born unless we're told it can actually be done quickly and without much effort on our part. We'll see....

2 comments:

Betsey said...

Yep..that's why so many Lowe's stores are closing. I try to stay out of them -as you know I always have lots of questions about home things.. never get good answers there and end up at Home Depot anyway.

Glad you got your tub!Sounds terrific.

Cyn said...

I generally get cruddy service at both stores. I must send off a 'please don't think about helping me' vibe. I seem to get cruddy service everywhere.