CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 5, 2008

A family approved dinner!

I believe I mentioned before, my mom made an extra turkey so I would have plenty of white meat leftovers. The only problem is that the turkey is very much like chicken to my red meat wanting uterus. The rest of my family will only eat leftovers once if that. So, what do I do with all this turkey? I decided to freeze most of it, but I did cut up some and add it to a wild rice soup mix. The family loved it! It is so rare that the 3 of them actually agree on a meal. Usually there is always someone not too happy. Well, last night that was me. It was OK, but it still wasn't red meat.

I've made another unfortunate discovery. My favorite canned soup, Progresso Vegetable Italiano, gives me heartburn-every time!! I had been a little afraid back when I'd been having heartburn daily that it was related to my daily can of soup and sure enough, it is! It won't keep me from enjoying it, but now I know to take the Zantac before I have a bowl.

Ready for another tidbit? I also discovered yesterday that pants that have been too big in the belly are now fitting. I have a pair of full panel jeans that I thought would be perfect for the last month or two. I pulled them down yesterday and they were no longer ridiculously big in the belly. In fact, they practically fit perfect!! My black pants that just two weeks ago were giving me trouble staying up because of the big full panel, fit quite well today! I'm not sure when the growth happened, as I don't recall waking up much bigger one morning. It's a little scary that it can come on so slowly each day that within 1 week everything fits differently. The good news is little girl has been much kinder to my lower parts since I stopped squishing her with my favorite jeans. I'm a little sad to put them away already, but she clearly did not care for them on Wednesday.

I am also still somehow sleeping very well at night. I'm currently looking into mattress toppers as I would love for the bed to feel a little softer without all the pillows. There are just so many choices and I can't seem to decide what I really want. We've had a featherbed before and I loved how it felt, but I hated having to 'fluff' it. I just can't see my pregnant self fluffing it each week for 12 more weeks, I can barely see my non-pregnant self doing it. But perhaps that is the price I'm willing to pay. I just don't want to buy the wrong thing.

My mid-lower back pain was particularly bad last night, but only on the left side. I made the mistake of sitting incorrectly while playing War with Logan. Now that he's using 48 cards instead of 28 the game takes as long as I remember. I tried to get into a better position, but it was too late. I took a hot shower before basketball practice hoping that would get me through until bed. It did help, but I was still uncomfortable for the hour practice. I'll have to bring a chair with me tonight.

Basketball practice was fun to watch though. It's a 3rd/4th grade team, so Logan is one of the older kids this year. However, this is a competitive team that was drafted from try-outs. I'm not sure what kind of a team the coach was trying to build, but we have 4 of our 8 players with little experience even dribbling a ball. While I don't think the team will win a lot, I do think Logan will have a great time being one of the 'super stars'. Last year was his first year playing and there were other kids that absolutely outplayed him. He has really worked hard and mentally understands the game so much better, that I think he's really going to enjoy being one of the older kids. Games don't start until January, but I'm looking forward to it. The next couple of months are all about Logan's sports and I think it's a time he really needs after all the time we spend at his sister's softball. She still practices hitting and pitching daily and works out with her team every week to two weeks, but not having any games makes it a lot easier for Logan to swallow.

Happy Friday!

0 comments: