CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First visible wiggle and OH the pain!

My trip to Ikea was mostly successful. There was only 1 item that they didn't have that I had been hoping for. While sitting on a bench, waiting for Melissa outside of Fresh Choice I started to feel a mid belly movement. I looked down and I could actually see the wiggle through my shirt. And then he did it again and again. Now I know he's been moving for awhile, but I've never been able to visually confirm it. Every time I'm lying in bed and he starts moving I look down only to find my breathing irregular and erratic and I'm never sure if I'm seeing him move or just my own breath. Today there was no doubt!!

I wore my favorite pair of jeans out today. You know the ones, I took a picture in them with my only sweater many weeks ago and I estimated that they would no longer fit by Thanksgiving? Well they still fit my rear, which is a big deal to me, so I wore them out today. The belly band is now SO tight that I think I must've been squishing poor little girl. I had so much discomfort walking around today as a result. She was firmly planted in whatever the sensitive regions of my lower uterus are called. I do believe I wore a slightly pained expression with every step I took, as I slowly breathed in and out. She'd let up for a few steps and then WHAM! there it was again. When I got home I immediately changed into a larger pair of jeans and I haven't had quite as much discomfort. There's still a ton of movement, but I no longer have to breathe deeply and carefully.

Today was my first visit to Fresh Choice. I'm not generally big on buffets, mostly because I'm such a picky eater and secondly I don't think they're a very good value for the cost. I enjoyed my salad, baked potato and chili, but I think I could've enjoyed the $3 version at Wendy's just as much. It was nice to have lunch with Melissa though and she paid so I'll stop complaining. The gingerbread muffin/cake was really yummy though.

Ciera is having her first 'during the school week' sleepover at her friends. Depending on how it goes and how she acts tomorrow it may be the last one. This week at school half of her class is gone on a Science trip, so the academic week has been thrown off a bit. Apparently tomorrow will be pajama day and they will just be reading all day. SO, we thought we'd let her give it a try. Honestly, she will probably be asleep earlier than when she's at home.

Since it was just Logan, we gave him the choice of dinner. I was hoping for somewhere yummy, instead he chose KFC. Since he's having KFC for lunch tomorrow I was able to get him to pick somewhere else, Panda Express. I loved this place around the time we got pregnant, but haven't really enjoyed it since. The green bean chicken was actually quite good tonight and I enjoyed some steamed rice as well.

I was able to get some reading in today and am actually enjoying the book, so I will share the name with you now, Mistborn. I don't have it in front of me and I refuse to hike up the stairs just to find the author's name, so you'll just have to google it if you're curious. It's the first book of a trilogy that has been COMPLETED!! After much discussion Brian has a better understanding of when to give me books in a series. I guess a completed trilogy seemed safe. By chapter 5 he's convinced me that the book is worth reading. So off I go for a quick hot shower for my back before I curl up for the night with my book.

1 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

Cyn - just cause a pair of jeans fit in the bum doesn't mean they still fit! No wonder you were in pain lady. Glad that it was all taken care of with a simple change. How cool is that to see movement. I have sort of seen that with GS but since I always have my hand there - it's hard to tell :O)