CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008!

Christmas morning was nice. Logan woke up and came to our room fairly disappointed. He said that there was nothing in the living room (meaning Santa brought nothing). He snuggled in and went back to sleep with me. I believe Ciera set her alarm so she wouldn't sleep all morning, as she joined us in bed and announced that it was time to get up. Logan once again pointed out to us that there was nothing down there. We all went downstairs and sure enough, the stockings were empty. I asked Logan to plug in the tree and on his way he found things UNDER the tree! Santa had filled 'old' stockings and left calendars under the tree. Clever Santa, the stocking holders never hold a filled stocking, it's just too heavy. He must've come up with a better idea!

Logan's disappointment quickly vanished as they brought the stuff over to the couch. He was delighted to find out that the Titan's calendar was for him and not his dad! They both took their time pulling things out of the stocking and delighting at what they found, actually Ciera had a cranky face on that she claims was because she was tired. (Her suggestion for next year is to eat before opening the stockings so that she's 'more awake').

We had pancakes with pb&j and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Between showering everyone and playing with our new things, we barely made it out the door by 1:30 to get to my brother's house for Christmas dinner.

At this point in the day I already had some 'complaints'. I slept HORRIBLE that night. I had some horrifically bloody and disturbing dreams and couldn't seem to snap out of them. It also rained pretty hard and I just couldn't get to sleep. Plus I seem to be a little irritable lately, and Christmas morning was no exception, especially when you add in that I was tired, had things to get ready for my brother's and Brian seemed to be obliviously reading his new 'toy/book'. Now I recognize that I'm extra irritable, so I try to let it go and I didn't actually call Brian down to join and help get us ready.

We got stuck in traffic heading to my brother's house, but finally arrive almost 30 minutes late. Considering I had very little expectation for this day, it actually went quite well. My brother has really grown into himself and really did seem to enjoy hosting everyone. His little girl turned 2 in September and it was so neat to see how much she's grown and what a big girl she's becoming. She had a long sleeved top on and apparently got to hot. She streaked through the house with no shirt on, went into her room and put on a tank top, all by herself! Dinner was good and we were home watching Big Daddy by 7.

0 comments: