CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tired Tuesday

Brian came home from work yesterday feeling very sick. He took 2 NyQuil and was off to bed. He slept horribly all night and was up for more medicine in the middle of the night. Due to the chattering, I'd wager he was running a fever. So, he stayed home from work today. This always puts a crimp in my schedule. It's just so hard to get up and start doing stuff when someone else is in the bed (I don't know how he manages to do it every day). I had plans to have lunch with a friend, but nothing that required me to get my butt showered in the morning. To Ciera's great displeasure I drove the kids to school in my PJ's, the ones that don't quite cover my belly entirely! Brian slept away the morning, but I was still unable to get up and get showered until the last possible moment.

I'm going to backtrack a bit, as Ciera just reminded me of a story I told the kids I would share. Ciera was feeling a little bit under the weather as well, so she took a NyQuil as well. Logan saw the pretty blue pill sitting on the counter and said 'Oh, I want one!' Two problems, 1) Logan is not feeling sick 2)Logan can't swallow a pill yet, he has a VERY sensitive gag reflex. I decide if he can get it down that one unneeded pill won't hurt him. The poor kid gives it a try, 4 or 5 times. After the 3rd try he actually vomited on my counter! I then had him move to the sink if he was going to continue trying. He finally lost the pill down the drain after it shot back out of his throat. It would've been sad if he had truly needed the medicine, but since he didn't we all had a great laugh right before bed.

Fast forward to today and I arrived at lunch right on time with wet hair. I ordered the 'Widow Maker Burger'. It was quite tasty with avacado, cheddar cheese, bacon, bar-b-cue sauce, lettuce and tomato. It also came with a delicious side salad. The only down side was I ordered it well-done since it was a new restaurant to me, and I was a bit disappointed at the charred edges. I just don't understand why there isn't an option between well done and medium well. I don't want charred edges, but I don't want a pink center either.

I had intended to do some grocery shopping after lunch. The kids have made me a list: peas, baked beans and top ramen. I have a few other items that I know we need to pick up as well, like spaghetti sauce, lunch meat, bread, eggs and milk. I stopped by Bath and Body Works for a couple of things I needed and then ran out of energy. I thought about 'just running in', but I knew there was no way I was capable of 'just running' anywhere. I came home and rested in bed for 30 minutes before picking up the kids.

Since it was Tuesday, the kids and I went to Coldstone. We didn't make it much during November. I got the dark chocolate peppermint again, but I just didn't enjoy it the way I had the first time. Ciera had plenty of things to tell me about her day, if you ever want to have a lengthy conversation with her, be sure to do it right after she gets home from school. We came home and I immediately made my way back to the bed. I even managed to trap the dog into snuggling with me. It's not that I'm super tired, it's just that my legs feel really tired. I've considered taking a bath, but that requires my getting up to do it-so it hasn't happened yet.

Dinner? There's an interesting problem tonight. The meatloaf stuff is thawed out and would be fairly easy to prepare, but I don't even want to get out of bed, yet alone wait for the meat to cook. Brian is still feeling bad, but hungry. The cupboards are running out of easy things to make because I need to go to the store. We all want to eat though. Brian finished up the bread making PB & J's (I don't know what Logan will take for lunch tomorrow). Logan made Easy Mac. I decided to make up the rest of the frozen hash browns that I had craved at the beginning of the pregnancy. They were not so good, I was able to swallow a few bites but that was it. I made bean burritos for Ciera and Logan, but the thought of beans was not something I was willing to swallow tonight.

So I think I will go take a quick bath and head to bed early. One of the great things about the kids being older is that they really can put themselves to bed. They've proven to be trustworthy enough that they do go to sleep at the appropriate time too. Although I've felt tired today, the rest of me hasn't felt too bad, hardly any back pain and the stomach stretch has felt OK too.

0 comments: