CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ultrasound details and the rest of Wed.

Yesterday was an amazing day! Now that it's over I can confess just how nervous I had been for Baby B. The size difference really did have me worried.

So my day started off with an ob appointment. I got to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler, so at 10:30 I at least knew that 1 baby was still OK. Dr. E didn't even bother to try to find a second heartbeat as the Doppler is really rather useless beyond one heartbeat. We discussed my week of messages and came to the agreement that ANYTIME I call and leave a message he will return my call so I don't have to worry-he agreed I can be a worrier. Apparently he was putting the order through each day, but it never quite did what it was to do-user error, computer error, scheduler error-who's to blame, we'll leave it alone now that it's been taken care of.

I then ran by Toys-R-Us to see if I could find the gift I've been 'dreaming' of. They had WAY more in the store than online. I found what I was looking for quite easily and even became distracted by a ton of other things. They had the cutest doll twin stoller but I decided it might be tough to pack in my suitcase so I skipped it.

I met up with my friend Melissa for lunch before the ultrasound. For those of you who don't know, Melissa is the friend that introduced me to S & S. Without her we never would've met. Melissa comes to every ultrasound appointment with me when S & S can't be here. So of course we had lunch at Strings and it was all that I had hoped for. I love their salad and bread! The chicken parmesan never lets me down.

We then headed to the ultrasound. Our appointment was at 2:00 and we were finally taken in at 2:25. They insisted on scheduling me for 2, 1 hour appointments back to back since I'm carrying multiples. I knew that there's no way they would really need 2 hours. The ultrasound technician was very pleased to hear that she'd have a break in her schedule that day. We were out the door before 3:00, leaving her at least 1 free hour.

The ultrasound! It was beautiful, especially after all of my worries. You could immediately see both sacs and both babies. I didn't notice the heartbeats right away, but was pleased that they both looked the same size. The babies are SO much bigger than they were 4 weeks ago! They both were moving all over the place and baby B appeared to have the hiccups (just like L used to have). She got some great shots that I hope to get Brian to scan tonight for me. I was so relieved to hear that Baby B had caught up in size and that they both looked great!

I ran by the mall on my way home to check out maternity clothes one more time. I got home just in time to make it to Logan's soccer practice. On the way out the door I noticed that Logan had brought home both his Science and Social Studies books-and hadn't done the work yet. He promised me a GREAT attitude getting the work done when we returned home from soccer at 8:00. Ciera also had some work to get done, but got it done while we were at soccer. The boys got to scrimmage the parents for the last 30 minutes of practice. I think they ALL had a great time. I know I enjoyed watching from my comfy chair! After practice Logan did a fantastic job with his work and the kids got to tell me about their day. Papa (Brian's dad) picked up the kids from school for me. They even went to TCBY. Logan had cookies and cream and couldn't believe how much the frozen yogurt tasted like ICE CREAM (apparently we've never had it before)! It sounded like they had a nice time. Thanks again for picking them up Papa, it was nice to not have to worry about them!

I started a new book at the Dr.s office and I was unable to go to bed last night without reading some of it. Brian brought home Twilight by Stephanie Meyers for Ciera a few weeks ago. Ciera tore through it and finished the second one last night. I'd been meaning to get started on it for almost a week, but Ciera had said the beginning was a little slow. 20 pages into it and I'm hooked. If this is slow I can't wait to read what happens.

1 comments:

MylissaLynn said...

The hiccups were pretty cute. =)