CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Olive Garden and the rest of our tales

We did make it to Olive Garden for dinner Friday night. Logan had just eaten a ton of chicken nuggets (and didn't save any for me) and claimed to not be too hungry, but he came with us anyhow. It was our first time at Olive Garden as a family. We all enjoyed the bread sticks, except Logan. Brian ordered potato sausage soup and it was delicious if not a little spicy. I confess to eating all of the potato slices out of it and leaving him the sausage and 'soup'. According to the Brewer Diet I should be eating 3 potatoes a week, so I figured the babies needed Brian's potato slices. Ciera and I had the salad. I don't remember the salad being all iceberg lettuce. Ciera doesn't really care for iceberg lettuce, she's a romaine girl so she only ate the tomatoes.

Unfortunately Ciera's tummy was really bothering her once we got to the restaurant and she became chilled as well. We grabbed a sweatshirt from the van and she made it through the evening, but I'm sure it took some of the fun out of the experience.

Brian and I both ordered the Tour of Italy. This comes with Chicken Parmesan, Lasagna and Fettucini Alfredo. Brian got both lasagnas and I got two servings of pasta-one red sauce and one alfredo, making it the perfect mix (I discovered this while pregnant with P & L). Although I had been starving before we got there, I wasn't able to eat much after the soup, salad and breadsticks. I'm not sure we've ever taken home so many leftovers. Logan ordered mac & cheese and was disappointed when it came out as seashells rather than traditional elbows. I'm sure someone will eat it eventually. Ciera ordered her standard spaghetti with marinara, but didn't eat much due to her tummy.

Brian and I both woke up and ate our leftovers for breakfast, but now we're left needing lunch! Logan made himself some Easy Mac rather than eat his leftover mac & cheese. He's definitely holding a grudge about the seashells. Ciera's belly is all better this morning, but she still hasn't eaten a thing yet.

On Friday afternoon Ciera slipped on the stairs and fell. It was only a little fall, but she really hurt her toes. I think she will be ok. One toe is a little swollen but I think it will heal. The bummer is that she can't go out and practice. She's lost 2 good practice days. Hopefully she'll be ok for her team practice tomorrow.

Logan had soccer pictures this morning. We showered the dog at the same time as Logan so now everyone is clean! Logan has a flag football camp from 3-6 this afternoon and it appears it will be a very hot afternoon. Brian and I are hoping to watch Smart People sometime today.

2 comments:

Betsey said...

Sounds like a good night! I always get the tour of Italy too! I usually bring home most of it -but you can't beat 3 meals for the price of 1.

Hope Ciera's toes feel better!

STE said...

WuHu! I'm glad you guys had a nice time. We really like the Olive Garden, but don't make it there often. Salad and bread sticks - Yum!