CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

My kids have returned to school!

Today was a beautifully calm morning while we prepared to return to school. Every year I hope to have things so well organized that we all leave the house peacefully. This year it worked, although I think it's mostly because the kids are older now. Everyone got up on time and got showers, breakfast AND teeth brushed.

There was a little bit of frustration when I asked to take 2 before school shots. I got them, but they weren't too happy. On the way to school I asked if I could come in and see the classrooms. They BOTH looked at me like I was crazy. Last year at least Logan let me go in with him. So we compromised and they said I could come in to pick them up. I was one of only a handful of parents that drove through and dropped the kids off without going into the classroom. That was very tough for me, I felt like the parent that doesn't care enough to come into the classroom.

So I've been asked what am I going to do today, the first day all alone in several months. I honestly have NO idea. I may try to start a new book. I would watch tv but I know that there isn't much on during these hours and I refuse to start watching Days of our Lives again. The house is actually fairly picked up right now, but I may give in and clean up Ciera's room.

Yesterday was another nice Sunday. Ciera had her last tryout for her softball team. She made the team so we are looking forward to practice games on Thursdays on tournaments on the weekends. I took Brian over to check out 'my' computer chair and he agreed that he could live with it. I will go pick it up sometime this week hopefully. I spent the rest of the day reading the first book I've been able to get into in months. Brian, Ciera and Logan went back out to play soccer in the evening. They came back incredibly hot and sweaty. The babies seemed to do great yesterday. They were hungry (but still quite picky) all day!

4 comments:

J and D said...

Cyn,
What book are you reading?
Jacy

Cyn said...

Well, I purposely left that part out. It's a bit of a fluff book, but I was able to get in, get it read and move on to a 'meaningful' book (maybe). It was by James Patterson (I don't usually read his stuff). Suzzane's Diary for Nicholas, a sad story-he loses his wife and child, but then finds love again, of course.

J and D said...

I am all for fluff books! I truly believe we should read what captures our interests. And I like books that are easy to read late into the night hours. :)

MylissaLynn said...

Hey! I liked the book! What's wrong with fluff!?!?! =)

Melissa