CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A day of Lifetime Movies, ahh!

Well as promised we all enjoyed our last Saturday with no activities or commitments. We all got to sleep in a little. Brian and I were up around 9:30 and we had the kids up before 10. Somehow they both managed to sleep through an hour of their alarm buzzers blaring at 7am!

Ciera and Brian went out to pitch and hit. Logan, Ciera and Brian went out to play soccer and football for awhile this afternoon. I spent a glorious day lounging in bed watching not one, but two Lifetime movies. It's been a long time since I've done that! We all watched Nim's Island today as well. And this evening I watched No Reservations. This was a movie I had avoided because I just don't like Catherine Zeta Jones (ever since her T-mobile commercials). It was such a sad movie and made me think about what I'd want for my kids if I were to die. I just hope not every day would be filled with sadness, that they could still have some good days and be kids!

Today was a big cooking day. Last week my FIL had some seashell pasta leftover in his refrigerator and I've wanted some ever since. Seashells is one of the few shapes you can't get in a whole wheat or higher fiber option, so I'd been trying to get past my desire for it. I finally caved and bought some Thursday night. I defrosted the red sauce with ground beef/turkey and added it to the seashells for lunch. I was surprised that we had no leftovers, even Brian ate this for lunch. I had defrosted enchilada meat on Friday, so I made up the enchilada's for dinner. We all ate the same thing for dinner and even ate together at the table. Some days we are civilized, a little.

So that's it for today. Nothing too exciting, but it is another day closer to a birth or two!

0 comments: