CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

11 weeks 1 day!

I had started to feel like I was getting more energy back and my tummy issues were going away. This week has proven to me that I am not out of the woods yet! I didn't take my nap Tuesday and then I ran errands on Wednesday, boy am I exhausted.

Who takes a nap every day AND goes to bed early? I am definitely going to have to pace myself for a few more weeks (or months). I've found that there is a delicate balance for my food intake, but there's still only a few things that sound appealing. If I don't eat enough I feel icky, if I eat too much I feel icky. I really have to be careful to get just the right amount continuously. I remember food being one of the toughest parts of carrying twins the first time, but I don't remember it being this big of an issue so early on.

Even though I know I need to keep constant amounts in the belly I am still struggling to do so. Here's today, 2 servings Total raisin bran with milk, 1 cup yogurt with honey graham goldfish, 1 med gala apple, 1 crunchy taco, a large serving (or 2 or 3, who really knows what a serving of pasta looks like) of pasta with red sauce, 1 meatball, 2 cups milk, 1 cup yogurt and 4 strawberries. And it's only 4:00. If I'm lucky Logan will have some leftover Chicken nuggets that I can snack on before dinner. This is quite similar to what I've eaten for the last week. The only things that really sound good are pasta, breaded chicken and tacos. My kids love pasta, but even they are almost done having it for dinner every night! We just received an Olive Garden gift card from the twins and family. I'm wondering if I can get the family to agree on pasta just one more night!

So we've successfully made it through the first week of school. Both kids had full workloads this week and got all of their work done, not everyone got through it all. Ciera is in the middle of her first research paper about Maria Montessori. Logan already has a book report assigned and has chosen to read I, Jack (he's really enjoying it which is great because he still hasn't bought into the reading is fun lifestyle). I have also started a new book, A Year of Pleasures (I think is the title).

On Wednesday while running errands I finally picked up our new, Serta, Tranquility collection computer chair! It is so comfy, but we're going to have to rework the desk a little to accommodate 'lounging' while typing. I had really hoped for leather but this is velour, which I'm sure will be nice in the winter but right now I feel like I'm wrapped in a blanket. The best part is that Brian and I were both able to agree on this chair and feel satisfied with the purchase. Brian even stayed up after Wednesday's soccer practice to put it together for me. It does make me relaxed and I'm sure one of these days I'll fall asleep in it as well. The other great thing is the wheels. When I get really big and tired I can just push myself around the kitchen and living room in it. I'll only need to get up to go to the bathroom!

I am really going to try to refocus my efforts and update every day, even if it's a short entry. I'm afraid that with this long post I will have lost some of you. If you've made it this far leave me a comment guessing whether I was able to talk the family into Olive Garden tonight.

3 comments:

Betsey said...

Sounds like you are working it all out. Remember if you can't get them to go -I am always open to Olive Garden visits (since my family refuses to go...and it's my favorite restaurant!).

See, blogging isn't as easy as it looks, really! I know it looks easy -but you have to have something to say. Really. LOL.

Cyn said...

You know having something to say doesn't seem to be the problem. It's getting the energy to type it out and remembering what it was I wanted to say. I have many posts that go unposted because I just can't remember when I'm at the computer.

Millie said...

mmmm Olive Garden! So did you go? I miss Olive Garden. The nearest one to us is almost 2 hours away.

Your chair sounds nice. My 'computer chair' is whichever chair from the dining room or living room happens to have been pulled over to the computer desk. Someday we will have to upgrade but not until we get moved to Wyoming, I don't want to have anything else to move!!