CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

9 weeks today!!

I can hardly believe how fast the time is going! We are almost done with the first trimester (I have a warped perception of almost done though). My tummy issues seem to have faded and the exhaustion just keeps on coming! I feel pretty good though. My breasts are now much larger (although not post pardum full of milk large) as is my rear. I've officially had to go up a size in undies and pants. My shirts still fit although I'm looking as though I have more 'tummy' than I should. I've only got 7 more progesterone shots and only 2 Estradiol valerate shots!! So all in all this pregnancy is shaping up very well.

I was lying in bed last night and I got a real funny feeling. I wondered to myself it I could actually feel the babies sooner since there are two of them. And then I recognized the feeling for what it is and with mild disappointment I passed gas. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Fiber One bars, but they are a delicious chewy granola bar with a ton of fiber and chocolate (or caramel depending on your preference). Generally 1 Fiber One bar causes it's own special breed of gas, but yesterday I was out and about and had 2 of them to get me through my afternoon. Apparently 2 fiber one bars in 1 day is a little more than my poor tummy could handle. I was continuously feeling as though the babies had become giant and were moving to then realize it was just Fiber One gas. It was quite a disappointing evening though.

Yesterday was fantastic. Ciera spent Tuesday evening with her Grandma and Papa all by herself, no brother, no cousins, just Ciera time. She got to have her favorite for dinner, Chinese. On Wednesday Grandma took her to the mall. Ciera's friend had recently told her that the clothes at PacSun fit her. Ciera was delighted to see if she could really fit Junior sizes. Lo and behold MY daughter is a size 0 short!! I don't think I was ever a size 0. From the stories I hear it sounds like they had a great time. She came home with some jeans (which is always a challenge every year) and a few cute tops, all of which she's crazy about.

So with Ciera at Grandma's house, I got Logan all to myself. He really is growing up. Sometimes I'm amazed at the things he says and wonder how he came up with that phrase! Kohls was having a 1 day sale on Tony Hawk sneakers. If you've been paying attention you'll remember that Tony Hawk is the only name brand Logan cares about. So, he decided he'd come shopping with me. There were only 4 styles, but he found one he loved, and I never would've picked it for him. He is so excited about them though (be sure to check out the shoes in the first day of school pick in 11 days). He also found a backpack that he LOVED!! Sadly he already bought a backpack. But when he claimed he'd love to get it for Christmas I decided to just get it for school now. It's great to see him so excited about his stuff to go back to school. Plus I'm hoping that it will make things a little easier on the first day back, less grumbling and more excitement-we'll see how that works.

Logan then had his 2nd soccer practice. He loves his coach, which is great because he doesn't usually. He loves all the drills and is just working so hard. It's hard to believe that this is the same kid that wanted to just skip soccer on the day of the first practice.

Ciera's been working very hard on her pitching. About a month or two ago something happened and she just 'lost it'. Her motion was off and she just wasn't able to throw a strike. Her dad and her have worked diligently to bring it back and figure out what happened. Even her pitching coach was stumped as to what went wrong. We're thinking it was her growth throwing things off. All of a sudden her arms hang almost to her knees. Well, yesterday was the breakthrough day! They came back from pitching and it was like the switch was turned back on. Her motion and speed were back and she hit all of her targets. Brian didn't have to get up off his bucket once to get a ball! We are so proud of how hard she workd without giving up or letting it get her down. Now hopefully she won't grow again until Fall Ball is over in November.

We are headed out the door for one last trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom before school starts. I of course won't be able to ride anything, but the kids have agreed that they'll take turns riding alone on the rides. And the high in Vallejo is only expected to be 74 degrees! I think I may enjoy sitting on a bench in 74 degree weather, with a slight breeze.

1 comments:

Millie said...

Cyn you crack me up. 2 Fiber One bars definitely have 'results'.