CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday P & L!!

I took the kids to school this morning and then received a special phone call at 9am. P & L were calling to say Hi! I can't believe that they are already 2 years old!! I'm so excited to be going up to visit them on Friday. I can hardly imagine what they are like as 2 year olds. STE does a great job of keeping me updated, but it's always different to see them in person.

Then when I hung up the phone I was connected to the pediatrician's office. It is so rare to get through on a Monday morning in less than 10 minutes. I was able get Ciera in this afternoon to get her toe x-rayed, just in case it was broken. I figured $15 was worth the piece of mind that we weren't neglecting her injury. Dr. M. thinks she's fine though.

Ciera and I then stopped by the mall. She had some PAC money that was going to expire soon. It took forever but she was finally able to find $50 worth of shirts to buy. We ran into Motherhood Maternity as well. I am 'kinda' looking for a dress, but I think I'll stick with what I have for now.

We swung by Walmart to pick up some more fruit and red sauce. While walking through the produce BLT's sounded good so I picked up a tomato and lettuce. I had made bacon this morning for Logan. I also picked up a can of diced potatoes and thought I'd give 'home fries' a try.

The 'home fries' turned out ok, not quite like my MIL makes but they were edible. The BLT was delicious. I was then able to make it to the last hour of Logan's soccer practice. So now it's almost bedtime, but I'm doing ok. I swept, mopped and wiped down the kitchen today and only got a 1 hour nap, but I'm feeling surprisingly well. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the babies don't seem to be too happy with my lasagna. I think it's all the cheese and not enough red suace.

2 comments:

STE said...

You know we call at 9am because they were born at 9:00 and 9:02. Wish we could have gotten them to say more on the phone, but they are way more interested in pushing the buttons. Maybe next year...

STE said...

Okay, so I've just been informed that they were actually born at 9:20 and 9:23am. I'm already forgetting!

I blame it on P's 2am play-a-thons. Don't know why he's decided that's the time to wake up and play for an hour. He slept so well as a baby...