CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

10 weeks 1 day!!

Where has the time gone! We are now in our 10th week! Yesterday was such a great day, a last hurrah before school starts.

The kids and I started the day at 8, but didn't get out the door until 10. We stopped by for a quick blood draw and then lunch at the mall while we picked up Ciera's school planner. We then headed down to Grandma's to see Kung Fu Panda with her. It was a cute movie, a little dark and a little longer than necessary (I was able to nap through parts without missing anything).

After the movie it was time to swim one last time before going back to school. It was so hot out and the water felt so good! It was only my second time back in the water since getting pregnant and boy did it feel good! Ciera had a pitching lesson in the evening, but Logan and I got to swim well into the evening. I think we all had a pretty good time.

Logan agreed to go with me to the grocery store and Sam's Club to pick up a few groceries. He was such a helper and we were out of both stores within an hour. I was exhausted by the time we got home, I couldn't even put the groceries away last night. Fortunately we only left out 1 yogurt.

Last night was my final shot and I am thrilled. Last night's shot has really bothered me all day. You can't even see it, but it has been painful all day.

Today was spent getting laundry done again. Logan said to me this morning "I don't have anymore clean shorts" and I realized that all the laundry I did last week needed to be done again. I guess I should stop being so proud of getting it done.

I got to meet an online "friend" and her husband today. For those of you who really know me, you know that I'm not real comfortable meeting new people. I'm so glad that I have tried to start stepping outside of my comfort zone and taking the risk of meeting new people. I have met some amazing people online and can't even imagine my life without the experience and wisdom they have given or shown me. Anyhow, we went to Coldstone and chatted for well over an hour. They made it so easy and comfortable, we could've talked all night.

I've come home to an empty house tonight. Brian and Logan are watching a preseason football game with the BIL and cousins. Ciera was invited to share a 'girls night out' with her Aunt, which she happily accepted. So I have a chance to catch up on my missed afternoon nap and update here a little.

Tomorrow is our last Saturday without a sporting commitment! I think we will all have to stay in bed and watch movies or something, maybe we'll clean out the garage as a family? On Sunday I hope to take Brian over to Sam's Club, I think I found our new computer chair and not a moment too soon. I'd kinda forgotten how uncomfortable things can become so quickly with twins. I'm already finding it difficult to sit upright at the computer for too long.

There's a few other things that have started to happen, but I always seem to forget about them until I go to lie down. I am finding it increasingly difficult to lie on my belly while sleeping. Even the 'half belly, half side' isn't working out. I've even had to go as far as using my 'leg pillow' to get comfy enough to fall asleep! Let me remind you all, I'm only 10 weeks! I will post a belly picture tomorrow and a comparison shot in the same outfit from 4 weeks. Things are definitely growing around here!

I'm also really experiencing some food aversions. I'm having a hard time finding anything that sounds good, especially meat and bread. Noodles, tacos, hard boiled eggs and milk are all ok still. My body lets me know when I haven't consumed enough protein though. I start to feel weak and 'funny' and sure enough if I consume some protein I feel much better. When we went to KFC the other night, nothing sounded good. I tried a bite of a plain old chicken sandwich, but it was just so salty. I typically can always eat Orange Chicken from Panda Express, but even that I couldn't eat more than 2 bites of yesterday! Brian's mom made Eggplant Parmesan last night though and that was delicious (my first time trying it that way). So here I sit trying to decide what to eat tonight and I'm just not sure-deviled eggs sound good though.

And don't be surprised when you call the house and it sounds as though I just ran a marathon. I'm having a tough time catching my breath already and take frequent 'rests' after going upstairs or downstairs. So at 10 weeks 1 day, I think I may be pregnant and soon others will be able to tell as well.

4 comments:

STE said...

Last shot- Yay!! I guess if you're getting a new computer chair, you must be planning to blog alot this pregnancy!!

Cyn said...

Honestly, I should've gotten the chair the last pregnancy, but I figured I only had another month or so and I could just suck it up. I remember it being VERY uncomfortable to sit at the computer for more than a few minutes. I'm already starting to feel it now. I can't sit here for as long as I could a month ago. Perhaps I'll be more productive around the house instead?

STE said...

So I guess what you're saying is, that all my emails are a literal pain in the butt?

:)

Cyn said...

It's actually more a pain in the back and abdomen/lung areas, but nothing a good chair that leans back won't fix. I just can't sit upright for too long.