CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Thursday 21 weeks!

Thursday was my copy day and it only took 15 minutes! What was I going to do with the rest of my morning? Well I of course came back home and ate some more breakfast. Then I finally went and got my 'birthday pedicure'. It felt SO good! I'd been having leg cramps so my calves were pretty sore and they rejoiced at the rubbing they received! My feet look nice too, but mostly it was a pleasure getting my calves rubbed (I'll have to talk Brian or the kids into thinking it's fun). It took over an hour though and then I had a dental cleaning. 2 hours sitting in a chair was a little more than my back could handle. I was quite sore by the afternoon.

I LOVE my dentist and dental hygienist!! It's always a pleasure to go in and visit. Between my appointments and the kids' appointments I'm guaranteed 8 visits a year to catch up (Ciera goes every 3 months to stay on top of her teeth). Since I've been having difficulty brushing each day, I was definitely looking forward to having my teeth feel clean! I barely even gagged this morning, so I may go back and have them re cleaned before I'm due if things start to feel really bad again. The good news is that I barely bled and my gums look great for being 21 weeks pregnant. The dentist joked that I should find a way to stay pregnant (not my usual dentist that knows this is a surrogate pregnancy).

The weather has finally cooled off (and they say it will continue to stay cool until Spring now) and it even rained! Ciera's softball got cancelled (but not until after I'd driven the 40 minutes in traffic to get there) and Logan's football practice was also cancelled. The only consolation was that I'd get to take a hot shower instead of sitting in the cold. It's amazing how much a hot shower can alleviate back pain. I then was able to fully moisturize the belly before going to bed.

Oh, and dinner was an 'almost success'. Meatloaf with wild rice went over big with most of us (although there was only enough rice left for me to get 3 bites). Ciera had seconds and Logan chose to only eat rice (which is how I ended up with so little). The meatloaf has gone over great for lunch today as well.

0 comments: