CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

18 weeks 1 day!!

How have we gotten so far along?! Have you checked out the ticker lately? The babies look so darn cute spinning around in there.

The weather turned breezy yesterday and the temperature has finally dropped! It feels so nice to not be deathly hot! I've never had a great internal body temperature regulator, but these babies have really put my regulator out of whack. Poor Ciera has taken to closing the vents on her side of the car because I've had the air up so high.

Ciera has also come to the conclusion that my eating desires are 'messed up'. Logan was complaining last night because I never want to eat Chinese Food anymore. Ciera pointed out that really I don't want to eat anything other than a burger, and she's getting sick of burgers! I pointed out that soon the burger thing will pass and we'll only be eating something else. It's been sort of fun to see her 'get' the irrational pregnant behaviors this pregnancy.

I'm also pleased to announce that the babies are loosening up on their sugar restrictions. They still really want hot milk and burgers, but they did allow a fairly large sum of chocolate to pass over my lips yesterday (calcium and protein). I'm eager to see if they allow me to enjoy the pumpkin cheesecake tonight.

Yesterday was a short copying day since the copier ran out of toner. I took a much needed afternoon nap under the covers with the wind blowing through the windows. This was the first nap I'd taken all week. I had a bit of an energy boost earlier in the week and skipped the daily naps. I'm contemplating climbing back in the bed right now just to snuggle up with the blankets.

We have another busy weekend ahead of us. Fortunatley, Ciera plays fairly local this weekend. It will only take about 40 minutes to get there each day. Unfortunately, Logan's 2nd flag football game is right in the middle of Ciera's 2nd and 3rd game on Saturday. He's still not sure which parent gets to see his football game, although I think he's leaning towards Brian. Sometimes I feel a little sad that I'm no longer the 'it' parent, but then I remember how incredibly lucky we all are that Brian is such an amazing father and that is exactly what I had wished for. I try to remember that we each bring something different to the kids as their parents and it's OK for him to be the fun guy that they want around.

1 comments:

J and D said...

Best of luck to Ciera.
I love the necklace that STE gave you and you look marvelous.