CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Why is my belly always wet?

I've noticed the past few days that my shirt always seems to be wet when I leave the kitchen, right around my belly button. How does this keep happening? While I was mixing up my meatloaf yesterday I somehow got meatloaf on my belly as well. Somehow my belly has grown larger than I realize and I'm continually butting it up against stuff in the kitchen. I've also noticed I need more room between my car and the next car in a parking lot than I used to. I parked close-ish to Brian's car last night and I had to move the car so I could get out. There just wasn't enough room to squeeze my belly through. Where did this come from and who is responsible?

The good news is my belly is now growing faster than my rear! YEAH for miracles!!
Speaking of miracles, I had planned to make myself another burger for lunch today. Guess who doesn't really feel like a burger right now? The babes wanted oatmeal instead! Fickle little things! I'm hoping this means that these two will be really great eaters when they get out, unlike their brother.

This morning has been good. The kids and I all slept in for an extra 1-2 hours and went to school an hour late. This was a compromise with Ciera as she wanted to skip the entire day because her friend would not be at school. Unfortunately for her she had several projects due today. I will however be picking her up early. I just found out this week that her and her friend have been given 'extra' assignments when they finish their regular work early. This week they had to write a report on 'plate tectonics'. If I had suggested that she do extra work she would've been very upset. But since Ms. Samantha assigned it she's actually excited about it and has worked quite hard on it. It's been interesting to watch her this year. She's gone from a girl who did the bare minimum to get by me and her teachers to a girl who relishes these 'extra projects' and wears them as a badge of honor (although she's not prone to talking about it-she just does it). Her teacher has really 'reached' her and I'm SO thankful for that. Logan has had 2 very good weeks since we started our 'new plan' of getting our work done and not screwing around with his friend in class. We are working VERY hard on preparedness and HIM budgeting his time correctly to get his work completed on time and in a neat and appropriate manner.

Night 2 with my new pillow was wonderful. I'm not sure that I'm using it 'correctly', (I'll have to look up the pillow online and see how the model lies with it) but I am sleeping very comfortably again without tossing and turning too much. How exciting will it be when I get to the stage that I CAN'T toss and turn anymore without great effort!

I was able to call today and get my Nov and Dec ultrasounds scheduled. I was able to speak with my favorite scheduler that went so far above and beyond to get us scheduled last time. I had actually forgotten her name, but she recognized mine! We h ave our 20 week ultrasound next Thursday. Our 24 week ultrasound will be Nov 20 and our 28 week ultrasound is Dec 18.

We've got another busy weekend ahead of us. Logan has soccer at 9am and flag football at 3pm. Ciera is headed to Stockton for 3 games at 3:45, 5:15 and 8:00 pm. There is no way we're driving the 90 minutes back home at 10:00 at night so I'm hoping to priceline a hotel tonight. I really think these hotels are overcharging for what you get, but when you add in the gas savings plus the time driving it is worth it in the end. On Sunday they'll have 3 games to win the championship. The first game won't start before 11 though, so we'll at least get to sleep some. Yes, if you do the math Brian and I won't both be able to be at Logan's football and Ciera's 3:45 game. We'll decide tonight who goes where. The weather should be in the high 70's to low 80's, so I can handle that.

1 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Good luck with the kids sports....and hopefully you'll be able to keep that belly dry!

LOL, that's so funny. It's nice to hear how your belly is growing, I'm imagining it's about right on target with mine....you at 20 weeks and me at 24 weeks....usually with twins your 4 weeks or so ahead.

BUT WE NEED A PIC!!! LOL. You plan on posting any?

Have fun this weekend, I'm sure the hotel will be a nice change of pace rather than running back and forth!