CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've been liberated!

Last night was my last night as an active board member for anything. I've been 'slowly' trying to relinquish my position on the girls rec softball board for 2 years. They have finally found a replacement for me and I no longer have to attend 2 meetings a month. For the moment I feel very good about leaving (and not leaving them in a bind). I'm sure by April I'll have found something else to commit my time to. I did volunteer to join the school board (a co-op) and they wouldn't take me seriously because I already do so much at the school. This is actually a very good time to 'lay low' and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than I think.

I've begun to notice a pattern in my nighttime urinary needs. For over a week I've been waking right around 4:52 to go to the bathroom. I know 4:52 seems rather specific, but the clock has honestly said 4:52 for the last week. I find that a little odd and slightly disturbing. I wonder if the babies start moving and wake me at that time. Speaking of moving, I was able to clearly notice the babies moving again last night and this morning. I'm starting to get very excited!

You might've noticed that I took a break from reading for a few weeks. After the Twilight series and Ender's Game I've been unable to get into anything else. I've picked up several different books and none of them called me to finish more than a few pages. I finally broke down and bought a new (in paperback) book by Nicholas Sparks (whom I love but don't like to confess to reading), The Choice. I stayed up until at least 12:30 reading last night before I couldn't keep my eyes open. The babies kept me company several times though and I even had to take a break for a midnight bowl of SpaghettiO's. After taking the kids to school I climbed back into bed with my book. I spent the next 3 hours bawling at the rest of the book. True to form, Sparks delivered a tear-jerking love story that leaves you wishing for more. I have a slight headache from crying and I am starving.

I plan to head to the school to make my Thursday copies since I won't be able to tomorrow. I think we'll be having tacos for dinner-unless I can talk myself into going to the grocery store for a can of enchilada sauce. Then Logan has soccer tonight.

I almost forgot to share a Logan story. When I came home from my meeting last night I expected/hoped that both kids would be in bed. It was 9:30 after all. Well, Logan was not in bed. He was at the computer with Brian. Apparently Logan wanted to know more about the Presidential election and Brian was showing him the projected results by state and explaining how they make 'projected results'. It's a little hard to be upset when they are seeking knowledge for knowledge sake. How we respond to their curiosities about the process now could have a lasting affect on their political interests in the future. This election has been such a wonderful teaching opportunity and I don't think their talking about it much in Logan's classes. I know that they are in Ciera's (because I make the copies), but Logan has generated this interest on his own and it's so exciting to see. And just for the record, when we were at Barnes & Noble buying the Obama books, we did look to see if they had McCain books for kids and they didn't. They had a McCain picture book at Sam's Club, but nothing that really could give him information about this other nominee. Does anyone else find that odd?

0 comments: