CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bumps and nudges

At my OB appointments they give me a 'newsletter' about what to expect at each point of the pregnancy. The 16 weeks issue talked about first fetal movements. Here is what it had to say, "The first fetal movements or quickening are usually described as a 'fluttering,' or like a butterfly, or tiny bumps or nudges. They may be mistaken for gas pains or hunger pains." Well I have been waiting for a feeling similar to gas pains or the fluttering. Apparently these babies prefer to nudge and bump though. I get quick little nudges that I've wondered momentarily what they were, but then they are over and I don't get a chance to confirm that it's movement. I'm very hesitant to claim movement without any sort of proof. It's nothing regular enough to count on either. I lie in bed at night with my hands on my belly waiting to feel or see something and I have such a hard time sorting out my breathing and heart beating from my hope of having felt the babies. So at the risk of sounding crazy I've not mentioned my obsession with movement until now. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will become more obvious. Feeling a baby move inside of me is one of the only things I miss about not being pregnant for myself. It's amazing to me that I can still enjoy fetal movement but not have to care for a newborn every night. I also wish I was better at putting those sensations into words for STE. I don't think I was ever able to adequately describe what things felt like. If anyone knows of a great site that is very good at explaining the sensations let me know.

I had a leisurely morning and watched Things We Lost in the Fire with Halle Berry instead of taking my nap. I finally found some more of the Raspberry Preserves that STE sent me last March, so I had a few english muffins with butter and Raspberry this morning, as well as a peanut butter and raspberry sandwich with a large glass of hot milk. For lunch I had a Chicken breast sandwich with Cheddar Sunchips, an apple and 2 chocolate pudding cups. I think the prohibition of sweets may have been lifted by the babies. I'm debating on another pudding cup as I type (it does count as protein and calcium). While thinking about dinner last night I pulled out a lasagna I froze a month ago so we have an actual dinner planned for tonight. Unfortunately, Ciera and I already ate the sourdough bread. We do have fresh romaine, perhaps we'll have salad as well.

For those of you wondering about the hamburger craving, no it hasn't gone away I'm just trying to move on to other food options so that someday I can still eat a burger. If only I would buy some ground beef, propane and pepper jack cheese I could make burgers at home. The funny part is that this JUST occurred to me and it wouldn't be too hard to do.

1 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

Cyn I can't even imagine you being obessed with anything! lol! :O) I am sure that it won't be long until you feel the flutters - I guess it would typically be sooner cause you have two little beaners in there. My GS does her best to explain the movement feeling to me too. Sounds so neat in theory but I think that you just really have to be in the situation to know! I experince the pregnancy visually, emotionally and through touch. I'll take that anyday over the alternative!!!!! You and STE sound like a wonderful team!