CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

A day to be proud of!

Today was pretty productive for a Monday. Brian stayed home from work because of his 'cold', the same cold that I have I'd like to point out. The kids had another minimum day. But despite all the changes in our Monday schedule, I was incredibly productive. I got the floors mopped, air fresheners refilled, 3 loads of laundry done and put away, dishes done, counters wiped down and the bathroom wiped down, all by 10:30 (and I had to eat during this time as well). I'm not generally so productive, but it sure did feel good.

I also got Brian's car washed so we could finally put on his license plates. Logan had a few friends come play for a bit this afternoon and then the kids and I were off to pick up a special surprise. While we were out we picked up the ankle brace that the Dr. prescribed for Ciera. It was incredibly frustrating trying to find a place that sold them and would take our insurance. My hard work paid off, the ankle brace was $182! Ciera said it felt so good though and she'll even be able to wear it while playing ball to help stabilize her ankle.

When Ciera awoke this morning her ankle looked MUCH better! There was hardly any swelling and she went to school without any ibuprofen. When she got home at 12:30 it was starting to hurt a bit more, but an ibuprofen and an ace bandage later she was feeling good again. It looks like she may be able to play again soon.

On Friday my new DeMarle pans came. I tried out cookies and frozen pizza on the baking sheet and they turned out good. I was thinking ahead on dinner tonight and took out my frozen 'meatloaf muffin balls' this morning. We got home from our afternoon mission around 6 and we had a delicious homemade dinner by 6:30. Mini meatloaves (made in the muffin pan), mashed potatoes (steam and mash frozen potatoes), and corn. It was a most satisfying dinner for the babies, although my kids both opted out of the meatloaf. There's even enough left over for lunch tomorrow!

1 comments:

Jaymee said...

want to come organize my days? i do not think i have ever been that productive, and i am only taking care of myself and my husband. i bow to you.