CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A little personal background info

I had forgotten that not everyone knows about my eating challenges. I may be the pickiest, most non-adventurous eater ever. I have tried really hard to 'try new things' in the last two years, but I am still a rather picky eater. S & S are aware of this and have accepted me for who I am, although they have been responsible for some of my more adventurous food attempts.

A follower has kindly been trying to make suggestions to deal with my food issues. Her latest suggestion made me realize that I've never gone into detail about things I will not eat. Her suggestion (while I'm sure it will sound good to some) is not something I could even manage to choke down-even not pregnant. Spinach salad with pears and poppy seed dressing? I'm sure there are people who eat this, but I am not one of them. I can do Spinach dip, canned spinach, spinach blended into a shake, a few pieces of spinach in a romaine salad, but never spinach salad on it's own. Pears? Where do I even begin with pears? I'm just not a fan-never have been. I do buy them because my family likes them but I can't stand the thought of it's texture-canned, frozen or fresh. Poppy seed dressing? I'll admit I've never actually tasted it and I could be convinced to stick a 'test finger' into it, but I would never start out with it poured all over anything. Even poppy seed muffins I'm skeptical of. Does it change the flavor or just give you little seeds to pick out of your teeth?

So here's the real problem right now. These babies have messed with all of my food senses. It's not that nothing tastes good, it's that nothing SOUNDS or SMELLS good. If someone was to just make me food when I'm hungry (roughly every two hours) I would eat it and be satisfied. The problem is I have to decide what to make or put in my mouth and by the time I can talk myself into anything I'm starving! I decided this morning to just throw a frozen pork roast into the crock pot with a can of Italian seasoned tomatoes. I gave myself all day to decide what to eat it with, on a roll, with rice or potatoes. By 4:00 I still could not decide. Ciera wanted it with rice, but Brian said the roll sounded good. Since I didn't have to cook the roll, rice lost out. It wasn't bad and I've been able to eat little sandwiches all night, but the smell of the sauce all day was driving me crazy. I actually had to close my bedroom door while I watched a movie so I wouldn't smell it so much. I have a bag of frozen clam chowder that should be very good (for everyone but me), but I'm so afraid of having the smell in the house all day that I can't bring myself to fix it yet.

Today was basically good, but I am going to have to take an afternoon nap soon. I watched another movie instead of napping today, The War. It wasn't bad. I got the Scholastic fliers ready to distribute while watching it. I did copying this morning at school since I have a haircut appointment tomorrow morning. One of the moms at school delivered twins last year. She offered me her big pregnancy pillow and I happily accepted. She had been worried about asking in case the thought of using someone else's pillow freaked me out. No freak out here! In fact I had just been thinking last night that I was going to have to go buy another pillow soon. I can't wait to try it out tonight! And, my Old Navy box arrived. The capri's didn't quite work out-an odd fit, but the jeans, khaki's and 'lounge suit' worked out great! I REALLY need it to cool off soon! Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 88 degrees-in mid October!! It should cool off by next week, but who knows how long that will last.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

hey C. You crack me up. Thanks for the coldstone invite. We're gonna join you soon!

Sarah Andrews said...

LOL!!!! CYN! You are hilarious! I can feel the pear revoltion in your post! No more suggestions I promise.;O) lol!

Hopefully you had a good sleep with your new pillow!

Cyn said...

It's OK to make suggestions, something might stick.

Betsey said...

I am one of those people who would eat that salad. I love poppy seed anything. I can't explain it -just love the flavor I guess.

Good luck getting a nap today -sounds like you could use it!!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I totally get your food squirmies. Especially when pregnant. In the morning your thinking...hey this sounds good and start making it, by dinner time when it's time to eat it, it's like, ugh, I don't like this at all. I've done that a few too many times....ahhh!!!

I'm not an adventurous eater either. It took me 3 years to TRY sushi (not the raw fish kind) and found out I love it. I just recently last year tried Indian food and most I don't like but there is a dish I do enjoy.

Takes me a long time to try somethihng new, and when I'm pregnant it's even harder cause my taste buds seem to change minute by minute.

Poppy seed anything sounds ick...sorry to those who do eat it, but it does sound ick.

Anyway I can totally relate!