CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

By special request

On Thursday when I chose to have a Carl's Jr. burger I was simply looking for something that sounded OK, that I could get in my hungry belly quickly. I really should've eaten something at the mall, but by the time I returned from the bathroom Ciera had already finished her food and it didn't seem like a wise use of our limited time to search out 'something' in the mall.

So when we pulled up at Carl's Jr. it was just a matter of did I feel like American Cheese and Bacon (Western Bacon Cheeseburger) or did I just feel like a regular burger (Famous Star). I decided on the Famous Star but when I made the giant leap to make it a combo it came with cheese-American cheese. They kindly swapped it out for Jack Cheese for me. It was most definitely not a satisfying burger other than my belly stopped shouting at me for 30 minutes so we could get to Target. The lettuce was green and the condiments were plentiful. The tomato was an odd texture (but I did eat it) and the burger was a little 'overdone' on the outside edges. It was a nice fresh bun though.

Friday was a nice day, finally into the mid 70's and we got a little rain. Not a lot but enough to cancel football practice. Brian and I finally got to watch Mr. Brooks. It had been sitting on my desk for almost a month-not a wise use of our Blockbuster pass. I was expecting a mediocre comedy and it turned out to be a psychological thriller-not the movie to watch right before bed. I must've been really tired though because I did not dream once about it.

Today Logan has a 9am soccer game and if they don't cancel it, his first flag football game of the season. Ciera and I are off to Lodi for softball, apparently they play through the rain, just not thunder and lightning. I am equipped with the address for 'the best burger ever'. We'll have to see if it beats the Lunch Laboratory.

The babies are treating me well. I was even able to eat a few Dove Bliss chocolates last night. My nephew gave me a bag of them 2 weeks ago and I'm still enjoying them one or two a day. These babies really do not like sweets and it's killing me. I have an entire jar of caramel sauce in my refrigerator and I haven't even been tempted to eat 1 spoonful, not even with an apple!

1 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

I am just fascinated with your burger descriptions. I was out and about today and drove past this burger joint that I have never been to called Tom's Burgers and I was thinking about you!

Cough....didn't you say something about a belly pic Cyn?