CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A non-burger related craving!

Saturday night I dreamed about Butter Cookies-you know the ones in the blue tin that you always see around the holidays. I have never once bought these cookies, nor do I generally eat them. I actually had to call Melissa to find out what they were called, where you can buy them and if I would be able to find them before the holidays. The answers to these questions are Danish Butter cookies, you should be able to find them anywhere and at any time of the year. Here's the truth, Safeway doesn't carry them but Long's does and they were only $3 for the whole tin! I have had a few already and they are very tasty. I'm looking forward to having some with my hot milk tonight before bed.

The weather on Saturday was BEAUTIFUL!! I actually got to wear jeans and a sweater and I think my belly was quite noticeable in it so I will take a picture in this outfit tonight for your viewing pleasure. It was probably mid 60's for most of the day with the sun only popping through every now and then. Ciera and I spent the day in Lodi for softball. The team had 3 games on Saturday. They won 2 of them, but they played so badly they are very lucky they won at all. Sunday's play didn't get much better. They lost the first one and won the consolation game. It was a truly disappointing weekend. Ciera got to pitch 1/2 a game on Sunday and had some pretty good hits though. She still had fun and hopefully they learn from this weekend and next weekend we see some better play.

Logan's first flag football game was on Saturday. They ended up losing but not by a lot considering they have his 3rd/4th grade team playing against a 5th/6th grade team (not sure how that worked out). I hear Logan did great and had a ton of fun. He got to play most of the game and was involved in many of the plays. I'm looking forward to seeing him play next weekend. Soccer was about the same as last week. The boys played hard but were not able to score. Logan did a great job of maintaining his position and being where he was supposed to be (this is a big thing for the coach this year). We have a bye week next Saturday and the teams will be reseeded (we've been in the highest division of 12 divisions for 5 games and we don't belong that high). We are hoping for more evenly matched games for the final 5 games.

While in Lodi I did stop by a recommended burger place, Andre's Cafe, for what has been voted the 'best burger in town'. Quite often it comes down to which burger option you order. They had many different choices. I chose one with grilled onions, jack cheese, avocado, lettuce and tomato and one with grilled onions, mushrooms, Swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato, for Brian and I to share. I'm assuming that the burgers were 1/3 lb of beef since they offered a 1/4 lb burger for $.99 less. It was a tasty burger and we enjoyed both of them, but it still wasn't quite right. I wasn't disappointed, but I'd say the Squeeze Inn burger might've been a bit better and I definitely enjoyed my BJ's burger better. I could've just ordered the wrong one though. I think I've decided that the crucial element of my 'dream burger' was the garlic pepper sauce. I wonder if the burger place would release the recipe or sell a bottle of the special sauce? It's also entirely impossible that the burger was really just not as good as I'm remembering. Thankfully the butter cookies are even better than the were in my dream!

3 comments:

MylissaLynn said...

We both fed our cravings today! Awesome!

J and D said...

You seriously make me so hungry. :)

Jenn.. .. .. said...

I am tired just reading your post!!! How do you do it all??!! And, thanks a lot, now I want danish cookies! LOL