CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Thank goodness for Mondays!

This was a long weekend, but we all had a great time. We started off Saturday with Soccer bright and early. Logan's team was moved from the 1st division to the 4th division, so we were expecting a more evenly matched game, and it was. The boys still lost by a few goals, but they spent WAY more time at the other end of the field than normal. Once the boys realize that they don't have to be ready defensively all the time they should do better at being aggressively offensive.

Ciera and I left around 12:30 for Stockton. Brian and Logan hung out until the flag football game at 3:00. The boys' also lost this game, but Logan continues to have a great time and is loving pulling flags and receiving the ball. He even got to quarterback a play this week. They then headed down to Stockton to see Ciera's last 2 games of the day.

The girls had a much better weekend and played well together, with only a few hiccups. They were the #1 seed Saturday so they didn't have to play again until 12:45 on Sunday. Since we had booked a room that meant we'd get to sleep in on a tournament day-unheard of! They had another great day on Sunday and came home with 1st place trophies (Ciera's first non-participation trophy). Ciera got to pitch 2 innings over the weekend and she was caught smiling and chatting with teammates all weekend. The girls even got her to take part in a 'solo' cheer-first time EVER!!

Let me tell you about our room! Our general objective when staying overnight for a tournament is a decent room for as little as possible. We get our game times on Wednesdays and I spend the next 3 nights trying Priceline. The place we stayed last time we got for $60 (non-pricelined), so I was unsuccessfully trying to get a 2 star for less than that. I ended up with a 3 star for $70 and it was ABSOLUTELY worth the extra $10. They were doing renovations so it didn't look like much from outside or the hallways, but the rooms were wonderful. The beds were soft, down comforters AND pillows! And, the best shower head and water pressure we've ever experienced in a hotel! Because of the renovations there was no room service, so to make up for that the hotel had a continental breakfast for us. It was just cereal, juice, bread, muffins and fruit, but it was so nice to have fresh milk with cereal and there were some good choices (fiber 1 raisin bran/clusters was pretty good). If we end up in Stockton again next weekend, we'll definitely try to stay there again.

A surro friend drove up to Stockton to visit and see some softball. Stockton is about 1/2 way between her and I, so I was thrilled that she was willing to make the drive at 30 something weeks pregnant. I got to meet her boys and it was so nice to catch up with her. Unfortunately, while she was watching the games someone broke into her car and stole her stereo. I felt so bad for her and incredibly angry that people would do such a thing!

We didn't get home until 8:00 last night and boy were the babies and I tired. Logan heated up some milk for me and I took a hot shower. Then we were off to bed.

Monday was picture day, but I didn't remember until 10 minutes before school. The kids weren't too excited about it anyhow so we'll just go get them done on our own next month. This is the first year I haven't bought the ridiculously overpriced school pictures. I'm not sure if I feel like a horrible parent or if I feel liberated.

I decided several weeks ago that it was time to turn in our plastic bottles and soda cans. I finally got around to doing it today. I put a tarp down in the van, so nothing accidentally dripped in my beautiful van and spent the next 30 minutes filling it from top to bottom with bags of recyclables. It took another 30 minutes to unload it all into the cans at the dump. When all was said and done I walked away with $133, dirty hands and an emptier garage. My goal is to take each bag as I fill it up from now on AND get my van back in the garage-soon it will be cold and I hate having to wait for the windshield to defrost.

I thought ahead again on dinner and put another frozen soup into the crock pot. Friday we'd had clam chowder (and when I say we I mean I cooked it for Logan and Brian-Ciera and I had something else that I can't recall). Tonight we had a ravioli soup in a tomato base and corn bread (whole grain and tomatoes for the babies). It's one of my favorites.

One of the reasons I've been dying for the weather to cool down is that my skin is starting to need moisturizing. If I moisturize in the morning my skin feels extra hot and sticky all day. I decided today that I will start moisturizing at night and at least my body will get 8 hours of moisture therapy. We'll see how often I really get to doing it. It's good to have goals though.

3 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

You can glady have our cold weather here and I'll take your heat anyday!!! It's aweful let me tell you, I'm still shivering. And your skin gets worse with the cold weather since your always going from one extreme temperature to another (heated house) which totally dries out any moisture you had in your skin.

Can you send us your heat?? We actually got some snow today!!! Nothing stuck but still.

I too have opted out of the kids school pictures for most of them and we take them ourselves every year. WAY cheaper and much nicer pictures. SO I totally understand you doing that.

Glad to hear the weekend went great and you had a nice hotel stay.

3 Boys Keep Us Busy said...

Hi Cyn,
A great and inexpensive moisturizer that I get at Costco/Sam's club is Cetaphil. It works great and leaves no residue or oiliness.

Mimi

Jenn.. .. .. said...

I had such a great time Cyn!! Thanks for inviting us up!! The car thing - I'm getting used to it. LOL. It was so great to see you and spend time together though!!

Ugh, now I want soup!! hehe

Take care!!