CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A surprise for me and you!

This is the beautiful necklace that was awaiting me when I finally checked my mail this week. Apparently it came a few weeks early, it was supposed to arrive for at 20 weeks, or so says STE. Either way I love it and there's no way I'm waiting until October 23 to wear it. That's right in just 2 short weeks I will be 20 weeks along, more than half way there. Hopefully the necklace will take the guess work away for people who aren't quite sure if I'm pregnant or just putting on an alarming amount of weight!

Here I am yesterday at 17 weeks 4 days! I get my hair shaped up next Thursday, at 19 weeks, and hopefully then I can start wearing my hair down. Currently it just puffs up and looks really bad. I am so thrilled that I was able to wash these jeans and they didn't shrink up. They still fit! These were my lucky find, only $10 at Old Navy because they are 'last year's model'. I'm guessing that they will no longer fit by Thanksgiving, if not sooner.

Monday was a nice but busy day. I got a little involved organizing the snacks and pantry foods in the morning and then I got to have lunch with my mom for my birthday. I was so pleased with my BJ's Brewery burger from last week that I thought we should go again. I ordered the California Burger and it was delicious. Avocado, Pepper jack Cheese, 1/2 lb of beef on toasted sourdough bread! I then bravely headed to Motherhood Maternity in search of a pair of capri's since I've decided it may never cool down here. This store is never busy, but Monday at 1:00 in the afternoon all 3 fitting rooms were full. I had finally talked myself into going in to a store I hate shopping at and I had to wait for a fitting room!! Of course nothing seemed worth the cost and they really didn't have much to offer with it being October. Apparently I was supposed to buy capri's several months ago. I did luck out and find a few short sleeve t-shirts at Old Navy that will help tide me over until it cools off.

Monday afternoon Ciera had a pitching lesson with her dad and Logan and I worked on his book report that is due on Friday (yes, I type it for him, but he has to decide what to write and we talk about how to format it as we go). I haven't been doing to well at planning dinner so of course I was starving and couldn't possibly wait to decide what to cook. Brian stopped at Burger King for me. I ended the day with a soak in the tub and a wonderful conversation with STE.

Tuesday was just about like every other Tuesday. The kids went to school, I did laundry and cleaned up around the house. After school we went to Coldstone for our Tuesday special. I actually found something that sounded and tasted good, sweet cream with butterfinger. It's just a kid's scoop, but it was just perfect. At 5:00 I still hadn't really thought about dinner, but I knew it needed to be something quick since football was at 6. I ended up making a recipe from the Stovetop stuffing box (thanks Steph). I added a can of Turkey, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a bag of mixed vegetables together and then covered it with the stuffing. Throw it in the oven until heated and voila! Dinner was ready and not too bad. It had too much stuffing for Ciera's taste and too much meat for Logan's, but it was a home cooked meal that took very little effort or thought, plus it was done quickly.

At football practice tonight Logan got a turn as quarterback and may get a few plays in the game as quarterback. He was very excited and did a pretty good job for his first try. After football I came home and put the Scholastic orders in for the school. And now I'm ready for a snack and bed.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Millie said...

Cyn you look beautiful! I love love love that necklace. What a wonderful gift.

Sarah Andrews said...

What a gorgeous Necklace! Very thoughtful STE! Cyn - you are looking great! Congrats on 18 weeks tomorrow!

STE said...

That's a beautiful belly bump!

Anonymous said...

You look great! Beautiful necklace to go with a beautiful bump!

MylissaLynn said...

Have I mentioned you definitely look pregnant! LOL Can't wait to see the belly in person on Friday...and I do believe that it is definitely big enough for me to get a rub! Woo Hoo!

Jenn.. .. .. said...

You look BEAUTIFUL Cyn!!! I love the necklace!! I am glad things are going well. We need to get together soon. Well, relative to my popping!! LOL. Lots of love to you!!