CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Thursday's adventures-no details too small to share

I was SO tired last night that I did not change positions once OR get up to use the restroom! I don't think I even took the time to arrange myself in my nest of pillows! I slept good and hard!!

I did not sleep half as good on Wednesday night. I was just so excited to get up and get Thursday going! I started off the day with a trip to the airport. I of course needed to use the restroom after a 45 minute drive, so I left the car with STE & S and ran in. I didn't think anything of it since I wasn't leaving the car unattended and it was still running! I cam out to find the 'security guy' in a bit of a tussle with S. I then got a firm lecture about not leaving my car when coming into the airport. I thought that was it until we noticed in the rear view mirror that he was writing down my license plate number. We'll see what comes of that!

So we have a 10:00 OB appointment planned and we got to Roseville about 30 minutes early. What better way to kill some time than a quick trip into Wal-Mart. Apparently STE & S thought I'd been exaggerating about the heat and they arrived in long sleeve shirts. They quickly bought a suitable short sleeved alternative and a few other 'necessities'.

We arrived at the OB, supplied a urine sample and checked the weight. I probably gained more in 3 weeks than I 'technically' should have, but I have now gained 25lbs by 20 weeks which is exactly the goal recommended in our multiples book. My blood pressure and pulse were both great and then it was time to get down to business with the Dr. He had a med student do the heartbeats and she had a bit of trouble finding both of them, but she did in the end. Mom and Dad finally got to hear the heartbeats! There really wasn't anything else to discuss, so we tossed around dates for a c-section and STE had some great 'stumper' questions for the doc. After the appointment the med student actually came out with a book to answer STE's question and copied it for her.

We had planned to meet Brian, the kids, my MIL Nancy and my SIL Betsey for lunch at 11:00. We of course had some more time to kill so we ran into the Vitamin Shoppe. Lunch was wonderful. My burger did not disappoint and I found it a bit easier to eat the entire burger in one sitting than the last time I had it in September. I went with the California burger again, sourdough, avocado and pepper jack cheese! BJ's had a special pizhookie that is not normally on the menu-so of course we had to try it. Ghiradelli Chocolate Chunk cookie (baked fresh and still warm) with 2 scoops of delicious chocolate ice cream! It was quite rich, but delicious. Any of you near a BJ's Brewery should definitely plan to get in there and try one!

After lunch we of course had some more time to kill so we went by the Jelly Belly Store to pick up some Belly Flops (and a few other things). We stopped by In N Out so S could get a fix and then we were on our way to the ultrasound! Even with all my careful planning we were still a few minutes late (my goal next month is to be on time or even early). Melissa met us there and they quickly got us back for the big show.

We had the world's nicest, fastest tech ever. What took almost 2 hours and a lot of discomfort for me 2 years ago, this tech was able to do in less than 1 1/2 hours and without hurting me at all! She walked us through the whole scan pointing out everything and what she was looking for. Both babies looked great and were definitely moving A LOT!! I felt little sensations that I probably wouldn't have even thought anything of if they had not been saying 'oh look she just moved!'. Baby A is definitely a girl and she had a great heart rate of 150. She measured 19weeks 4 days and weighed about 12 oz. Baby B was clearly proud of his manhood and put on quite the display. His heart rate was 147 (up from the lower and more worrisome rate of last month). He measured 20weeks 2 days? (I know it was a little over 20 weeks) and weighed about 13 oz. The books are currently equating them with the length of bananas. We got some beautiful pictures that STE will post for us when she's rested up (it was a long day for them too).

For those that don't know Melissa is the one responsible for matching us all up initially 3 years ago. If I hadn't taken a HUGE step outside of my comfort zone and had lunch with 2 total strangers off the Internet, I never would've met S & STE and their amazing families. We are all still SO thankful to Melissa for the part she played in this and for wanting to make them parents more than anything in the world. Melissa is like my surrogate IM. She comes to darn near every ultrasound and is always available when I need her. I am so thankful she came into my life for many reasons beyond surrogacy!

After the ultrasound we had a couple of hours before Ciera's softball game so we went and saw Eagle Eye. It was actually quite enjoyable for a movie that we had to pay for (I don't typically see movies in the theater-the cost gets me all worked up). The movie was a little longer than we expected so we raced over to Ciera's game. She got to pitch last night so it was a nice chance for STE & S to see how we spent so much of our time and why Ciera works so hard. It was a very easy game though and not quite an accurate picture of what the games are typically like. It was still nice to share that with them though.

We left the game with enough time to drive through In N Out one last time before arriving back at the airport. By then my belly was definitely ready for some more food. I was back home by 9 and got to tuck the kids into bed before heading off myself.

I tried very hard to pay attention to any baby movement and there was some, but nothing that STE would've been able to feel. I think I rubbed on my belly through the whole movie though, hoping that I could get a big enough nudge that she'd be able to feel. Next time!!

2 comments:

MylissaLynn said...

I am the thankful one - more than you will ever know. =) Thank you for letting me tag along!

Queenie327 said...

It was wonderful to see STE and meet S over lunch.I truly enjoyed hearing about P& L first hand. The joy of twins! you beam when talking about them, the ones you have and the ones on the way. God Bless you all!