CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I think today is going to be a food day!

Some days I'm hungrier than other days. I do believe today I will be starving all day. For comparison sake I'll tell you what I ate yesterday. I woke late (so nice to sleep in) and had 1 1/2 c oatmeal, a soft taco with cheese, 1/2 a Chicken sandwich with Pepper Jack cheese, an individual frozen cheese pizza, 2 oatmeal raisin cookies, 2 slices of pepperoni, mushroom & olive pizza, 1 slice of pumpkin cake, 32 oz of hot tea, a Snapple (a real treat around here but the babies desperately wanted something besides water) and 32 oz milk. It probably wasn't enough food for one day, but that was all I could comfortably eat by bedtime.

I woke up this morning at 5am to make sure Brian got up and in the shower (softball commitment) and I couldn't fall back asleep because my belly was screaming at me for food. So I heated up a slice of pizza, surely that would take the edge of. Then another, and then another. 3 pieces of pizza and 32 oz of hot tea before I could fall back asleep comfortably. I woke up at 10 with my belly screaming at me again. I shushed it up for a few minutes with a slice of pumpkin cake, but now I must come up with some real food to eat. Maybe an English Muffin and some oatmeal.

The rest of the day wasn't too bad. I had a protein shake (a double) on the way to Ciera's softball, 2 cereal bars while there and then chili with bread after practice. The chili looked so small I was sure I'd need more food, but there was enough to bring some back home for dinner. Plus the Butterfinger's called my name while walking through Wal-Mart. I'm sure I'll wrap up the day with 32 oz of hot milk and a slice of pumpkin cake.

Backtracking to Friday, the kids had another minimum day so the teacher's can prepare for conferences next week. Ciera didn't have a tournament this weekend, so she finally got to spend the night at her friends house. Logan had some friends come home after school for a bit as well. He had pictures taken at flag football and a very good practice.

Saturday we got to sleep in for a bit before soccer at 11:30. Once again they did not win, but they worked hard and I still haven't heard a complaint from Logan. Brian and I both woke up with sore throats and some serious cold symptoms. Logan woke with them on Friday. He seemed pretty wiped after his soccer game, but said he was fine to play football at 3. I finally got to see a flag football game, but man was it hot out there! It was so neat to see him play. He has improved so much since last season and he is having a blast. After the game Logan got to spend the night at his cousins' house and go Trunk or Treating with them on Sunday.

Brian and I headed had a rare opportunity to have dinner alone with both kids occupied. We finally get a night alone and the only thing that sounds good is pizza-traditional style. After dinner we went to Sam's Club to stock up on Gatorades since I had him there to lift the heavy cases. Then we picked up Ciera. Around 3 on Saturday Ciera twisted her ankle while playing 'tennis' in her friends court. She spent the rest of Saturday crawling around or wheeling around in her chair at home. The 3 of us watched The Village before going to sleep early.

Sunday Ciera woke up with her foot hurting more than it had the night before. Her team was having their first practice in weeks though and it really wasn't something she could miss. So she got dressed and hobbled to the van. She sat on a bucket in hearing range so she didn't miss out on the things being taught. By the end of practice she was doing much better using her foot and was only limping a bit. We still went to Urgent Care just to make sure it was OK and find out how to treat it properly. The good news is she will live, the bad news is there's no way to know how long it will take to heal. We're hoping she'll be OK by next Sunday's practice. There's only 1 more tournament of the season and it would be nice if she could play in it.

Logan's cold seems to be doing better today and I'm desperately hoping to feel better soon. Brian is taking cold medicine and that seems to help. I'm still trying to suck it up and treat it with Tylenol and saline spray. I figure if I only have to take one dose of Tylenol a day I'm doing pretty good. For those of you that don't regularly consider saline spray, you really should. It does a lot to alleviate the congestion without any drugs at all. I'm sure there is something safe to take if I get really desperate, but I'd prefer to not use them if I can avoid it.

That's about it. The babies were fairly active again today and little girls movements were clearly detected while watching the practice today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring-hopefully clean floors!

0 comments: