CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Hello to the followers!

I just wanted to publicly welcome all of the 'followers'. I noticed we have a new follower as well. I've been led to believe that there are far m0re people stopping by than are leaving comments. I'd like to encourage you to say hello, so we know who you are.

I'm a little behind after the weekend, but I think that happens every weekend. The kids had a great time on Halloween. I'll post pictures once they get uploaded. Logan spent the evening with his cousin and they hit more houses than ever, plus it was mostly all candy he liked which is always a bonus. Ciera spent the evening at her friend's house (most of the weekend actually). This is the first year I have not been a part of the evening with her. She went over after school and they dressed up as matching ballerina's. I made her take the camera so we'd at least have a picture. It sounds like they had a blast, but she says she only took a few pictures. Apparently the girls 'performed' for people at their doors. They have a Hearse poem that they made up a routine for last year that they entertained with for bonus candy.

Saturday it rained pretty good for most of the day. Soccer, flag football and softball practice all were cancelled for the weekend. This left us with an entire day and only 1 child to do whatever we wanted! I took a morning nap and stayed in bed for most of the day. Brian went to get a haircut and picked up some movies and a pizza (the pizza from Friday night was so good, I really wanted some for breakfast on Saturday). Although it was nice to not have to go get the movies myself, it left me at the mercy of my husband. I know he tried, but we didn't have any real winners. We watched Baby Mama (which was actually better than I would've thought) and You Don't Mess With the Zohan (which was MUCH worse than I would've expected). Although we missed having Ciera around, it's always nice to spend the one on one time with kids. We had a nice day with Logan, although I can't think of anything else we did-other than try to pry Halloween candy out of his hands. I promised the kids that this year they could both keep their own candy and I wouldn't eat it. We generally do a 'family collection' and they get to keep a certain amount as 'just their own'. They both agreed that they hate that I make them share it, so I agreed to not this year, but I did incorrectly think they would share a little.

Changing the clocks back in the fall is one of my favorite times. I don't know why an extra hour makes everything feel so much better. I woke up at 8 feeling so rested and ready to tackle a thousand projects. I ran some errands in the morning, which should've been enough of a project on a regular day. But no, not on a non-raining, no plans, extra hour Sunday. I decided it was time to tackle the refrigerators. We have 2 virtually identical refrigerators, both about the same age, one white, one black and one lives in the garage. Well, the house refrigerator stopped making ice almost a year ago. We sucked it up all summer with 'fill your own' ice trays and I had finally had it. It was time to switch them. My poor husband! I convinced him we wouldn't need a dolly because the refrigerators have wheels. Everything was easy breezy until we got to the door. You have to turn it sideways to fit it through and now the wheels are useless. We did finally get the black one out the door and into the garage. That was when we realized we had completed the easy part. Getting the white one UP over the doorstep without a dolly or a lot of strong men, was not so easy, but at least it wasn't raining! After a lot of wiggling a heavy refrigerator by Brian, we did finally get it up and into the house. Then the really fun part began for me. I know most people clean out their inside refrigerators every now and then, but who cleans out the garage refrigerator? About 4 years ago we had a big juice spill in the outside garage and we never bothered to clean it up, until Sunday. It was not a lot of fun, but a once filthy refrigerator is now clean and my muscles are only a little stiff and tired today.

Ciera finally came home, reluctantly, around 1 and we could finally watch Journey to the Center of the Earth together. My body was so tired and exhausted when I finally went to sit down. We actually all enjoyed this movie-I think Logan liked it the least. After the movie I went to soak my tired bones in the bath and Brian went to get his much deserved Round Table Pizza (it didn't seem fair to make him eat egg salad sandwiches again after all of his hard work). Ciera and Brian then watched the 3rd Indiana Jones movie, Logan watched TV in my bed and I fell asleep early. I woke up this morning feeling much better, although a little sore.

Today should be a fairly easy day. I stopped by Target this morning to pick up some 'hold us over until after Christmas' clearance candy. The babies seem to be favoring the Peanut Butter Cups right now. Speaking of the babies, I do believe they've got to be close to 3lbs each now! I know that's actually impossible, but I feel like I'm definitely pregnant now and as if I've grown a ton in the last week. We are not seeing any 'external' movement yet, but I feel them all the time now. I've started moisturizing the belly now as well, if for no other reason than it just feels really nice to rub it-did I mention that I'm sure it's gotten bigger? We did take a picture at 21 weeks, I'll have to get it uploaded and take a new one as well.

4 comments:

Jaymee said...

just reading all that made me tired. sounds like you had a great weekend.

Sanda said...

I don't think I'm technically a "follower" in the official blogger sense but I read your blog and I just wanted to say hello! :)

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Ummmm picture??? LOL

Cyn said...

Intending to be parents-hello! and thank you for 'coming out!