CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A bad blogger!

Apparently anyone who is anything in the blog world, updated their blogs yesterday, Veteran's Day. Silly me, I took a day off and didn't even consider posting. I didn't even bother to check out Google Reader until last night-boy was I surprised to see updates from blogs that haven't been updated in months! For those not familiar with Google Reader-it is the easiest way to keep track of the blogs I'm following. I can easily find out who has updated their blogs since I last checked. The toughest part was getting all of the blog addresses into Google Reader. Love the Google Reader.

Monday Ciera got her braces put on. I think she looks adorably grown up, she is less than pleased with them. Her mouth hurt so bad by Monday night. They already have her wearing a band as well and it's taken some practice to put in and get out. She can finally do it without a mirror. She has to take it out before she eats and put it back in after brushing (after she eats anything). She's on a very soft diet until it stops hurting. She is now sick of pancakes and has moved on to bean and cheese burritos and applesauce. Tuesday was a better day for her, but still full of learning how to do stuff with them on. I'm thankful she got the extra day before having to go off to school with them. She seemed OK about dealing with them all day at school and brushing at school as well. Since Ciera has such sensitive teeth, we are really hoping to be extra vigilant about following all directions-not to mention it's such a huge investment.

Tuesday Logan went to see Madagascar 2 with his grandma and cousins. Ciera chose to stay home, I guess a movie without popcorn or candy just isn't the same. She went out with Brian to hit and pitch instead. My mom and her husband came by to fix our fence and gate. I had a nice visit with my mom teaching her how to send an e-mail-we'll see if she can do it on her own once she's at home. We had pizza and Minestrone soup. The soup was a frozen one I brought home with me from P & L's. It was delicious and I'm enjoying it for lunch today as well. The pizza was also very good. We tried the 'artichoke fiesta' from Pizza Guys. It had just the right amount of garlic sauce and the vegetables were terrific. Best of all, NO HEARTBURN!! We wrapped up Tuesday with flag football practice.

Today Logan has stayed home from school with a cold. He's still able to do all of his work, but this way he can have his embarrassing 'explosive sneezes' at home. He slept until almost 9 this morning, hopefully he feels better tonight with some extra rest. Tonight is his last soccer practice, we'll see if he makes it.

Let me back up to this past weekend. Ciera had her last softball tournament of the fall season. They entered her 12U team in the 14U division to give them some better competition. The girls did great and ended up tied for 3rd place in a 14U division. It was a great way to end the season. Logan had soccer and football on Saturday and the games went the same as always. However, Logan played a great soccer game and received a special e-mail from his coach telling him how OUTSTANDING he played. I've joked with Logan that I will have the e-mail framed to hang on his wall. We really are proud of him. He's worked very hard this fall in both soccer and flag football. His endurance has really improved-just in time for basketball. Basketball try-outs are on Sunday, as well as Spring softball try-outs for Ciera.

The babies have been REALLY well behaved the last few days. They've told the H twins to take it easy on me for a few days, and I really appreciate the break. I still haven't called my Dr about taking something to help it. I think I'm in a bit of denial about the H twins sticking around for another 15 weeks. I've been feeling lots of movement. It's always easier to identify little girl moving since she's the one planted at my bladder, but there is plenty of 'mid belly' movement that is probably little boy, but could reasonably be little girl as well. It's weird for there to be such tiny movements, all I remember is the big and constant movement toward the end of the pregnancy. I know soon there will be so much movement I won't even recognize it as movement, that's just the feeling I live with. I am however, still so very excited to be almost 23 weeks and amazed at this whole process. Pregnancy alone blows my mind, but then you add in surrogacy and it's amazing that I have the opportunity to be doing what I'm doing. I am so thankful that I am able to do this and have such an amazing experience in my life.

1 comments:

Sanda said...

Congratulations on being almost 23 weeks (actually you probably are 23 weeks by the time I'm writing this comment!) And I'm so glad to hear you are getting some nice good sleep and that babies are being well-behaved and aren't waking you up!! :)