CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bitter disappointment

I have been working on reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss on a recommendation from my husband. I found it to be difficult to get into mostly due to the size of the book and the way that it would cast shadows on the pages. I finally got into it and was eager to 'hear the tale'. Brian mentioned that it was a 3 part series. So I was almost to the end and realized that there is still a lot of story to be told. No big deal, the other book is waiting for me, right? I finished up the book today and figured I just had to wait for Brian to get home. The book ended right in the middle (or 1/4 way) through the story, not what I like from a book but at least I don't have to wait for the 2nd book to come out (surely my husband of 14 years understands my deep displeasure for that sort of thing). Brian comes home and I tell him I finished. He responds by telling me that the next one will be out in APRIL!!! WHAT??!! After a rather lengthy discussion, taking daylight away from Ciera's pitching time, I think he understands that he should've waited to give me this book until at least the 2nd one was out.

I beg of you all, SOMEONE give me a book recommendation and I will try not to complain about it after I read it.

The rest of today went well. I took a deliciously long nap this morning-3 1/2 hours and I feel so refreshed!! I'm sure the babies moved all over, but I am honestly sleeping so well for now that I am entirely unaware of what they do while I sleep. I know at some point their movements will be so intense it will wake me in the night, and you will all know when it happens! For now I'm just thankful for hot showers and good sleep!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the Twilight series...all 4 books are out. I got it for my daughter who is 14....and I LOVED it. Very easy to get into and an easy read, kinda geared towards teenagers but women of all ages are loving it...I'm 37. LOL. Oh and its by Stephanie Myers who has another book out called the Host, also a fabulous book, I would love a
sequel to this one. If you haven't read them yet, give it a try.

Cyn said...

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm actually trying to find anything that keeps me from REREADING the Twilight series.
I haven't really considered Host, not sure why. They did in fact have a copy in at the library last week. I guess I'll have to go take a look.

MylissaLynn said...

What kind of book are you looking for? Fluff? Something that will make you cry? Something easy to get in to? I read it all, (well most of it anyway) I'm sure I can think of something. LOL Have you read any of Nicholas Sparks stuff? They are really simple, easy, sometimes predictable - but always enjoyable.

I'm half way through the Twilight series now...probably done by Monday...ha ha

Cyn said...

Anything worth reading! I will agree the Sparks books are quite enjoyable, even if they are not 'great' literature.

MylissaLynn said...

You're looking for actual "literature"??? Ewww... Ha Ha

Do you like period pieces? What about The Other Boleyn Girl?

It's really long though.

MylissaLynn said...

Okay...so I was trying to find a piece of "literature" for you...and I remembered the book I read when working the polls (not this time around...no time for reading this time around - I'm still tired!)

The Giver by Lois Lowry. So yes, technically a young adult/children's book...but so was the Twilight series.

Anyway...I bawled like a baby. But it was really good. And it won the Newberry Award or something like that. HA HA - that makes it literature, right???

Now the best part??? I just went online to double check the name and found out that it was the first in a trilogy that is now completed! Woo Hoo!!! So now I have 2 more books to add to my list, after of course books 3&4 of Twilight. =)

Cyn said...

Almost everything by Lois Lowry was great. Ciera and read through most of her stuff last year (we have those books if you want to borrow them).
Period pieces seem to be tricky for me, but if it's highly recommended?

J and D said...

Jodi Picoult ~ Vanishing Acts
Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes
The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian

Here are three great reads.

Cyn said...

Thanks J! I'll check them out.