CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving, 2008

Each year we generally spend Thanksgiving with Brian's family. The cousins play, the ladies look at the ads and plot out Black Friday and we just have a nice, relaxed day. It helps that I've never had to cook a real Thanksgiving. I'm not sure my MIL would agree that it's a relaxed day with all of the work she does. We are all truly thankful for it though. My family would never have turkey if someone else didn't make it for them.

I've made a turkey once-and it was such a scarring experience. First of all, I don't like to touch raw meat. I always wear gloves unless it's frozen meat. There's no way I will ever again stick my hand inside a turkey to pull out whatever it is that they stick up inside it. I can't stand the way raw turkey feels. I went to buy a few frozen turkeys for my mom this year and made the mistake of picking up a fresh one. I darn near dropped the thing when my knuckle went into the squishy packaging! Did anyone happen to see the defrosting turkey commercial? The one where they put the turkey in the dryer and then it flops onto the ground when it's thawed? Yeah, that gave me the creeps every time I saw it! I have no problem eating the turkey once it's cooked and I love leftover white meat and stuffing sandwiches with with warm bread.

Brian's Titans were playing in the morning, due to be done around 12. Theoretically it seemed so easy to get the kids and I showered and dressed by 12. I was still in my PJ's when Ciera woke up at 12:14 afraid that she wouldn't have time to shower. Brian was the only one showered by the end of the game. I had hoped to arrive by 2 at the latest. We finally got there at 2:40, just a tad late. It wasn't really a big deal to anyone except me. I seem rather unable to plan my time appropriately these days.

We had a nice time, good food, a quick round of Apples to Apples and we were home by 9:15. When we got home Logan asked, "What's for dinner?" The child always seems to do this and somehow doesn't understand that we already had dinner AND dessert!

I don't generally spend the day reflecting on what I'm thankful for. I feel like I'm pretty thankful for all that I have every day. I am very aware of how lucky I have been and I don't often take any of it for granted.

0 comments: