CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

An attempt to update the week

I seem to have reached a point this week where I have just enough energy to do the 'required' things on my calendar. I'm even having a hard time remembering what I did all week without looking back at the calendar for a reminder. We only have flag football practice this week, so it's been nice to just stay home and lie around until I can reasonably say it's bedtime.

Monday I had my massage and did some shopping at Sam's Club. I got a great chair and huge umbrella that were 'technically' going to be for Christmas. I think they will just be used now though.

Tuesday? There is nothing on my calendar, but I know I didn't just stay home and do nothing. I started off the morning brushing for just a little too long past the first gag. I ended up vomiting for the first time this pregnancy (and quite possibly the first time in any pregnancy). I was trying to get through a post online and thought I could wait a little longer to spit than I actually could. I was a little concerned that maybe it was a bit of a bug though, since I've been fighting a cold all week and there were multiple retchings. The rest of the day passed without incident so I guess I was fine after all. I went to the library to pick up some more of the Hank Zipzer books for Logan and then bought an area rug at Lowe's. Since we have tile floors we generally get a new inexpensive rug each winter. This year's had a stain on the edge (the edge that the couch covers anyhow), so I got it discounted for only $30. It's always a nice change to have something warm under our feet in the winter and the dogs seem to be loving it. Of course since it was Tuesday we went to Coldstone after school. They have a new dark chocolate peppermint flavor that was to die for. Even Ciera switched over from her fruity sorbet to it. I couldn't decide on a mix in, but I've since decided a marshmallow swirl would be nice next week.

Wednesday I had lunch with a friend at BJ's and I ordered my now favorite burger with Pepper Jack and avocado. I have 2 friends that I've found if we plan a date and put it on the calendar each month it's not so hard to squeeze in lunch. We would go for months saying we'd get together, but until we started scheduling it just like everything else, it just wouldn't get done. I've really come to enjoy these lunches and look forward to our hour of catching up. I ran some errands before lunch and some more after, boy was I tired. I really didn't even get much accomplished, but I've definitely noticed my endurance is way down. Sure, I could've sucked it up and trudged on, but there was nothing on my list that was important enough to get to.

Thursday I made the math copies and then headed to my ultrasound. I then went by Motherhood Maternity to check out some shirts. After going through my closet Wednesday night I realized I don't quite have enough tops with sleeves to get me through the pregnancy. I typically hate clothes shopping anyhow, but I especially hate maternity clothes shopping. Here's the problem, I'm not a small, medium or large while pregnant. Typically an xlarge would be fine, but I know an xlarge is not going to cut it for the last trimester. The larger sizes have such a small selection and you're really better off ordering online, which is OK since the last thing I'll want to do in the 3rd trimester is trudge to the mall to try on ridiculously overpriced clothing, especially since I've gotten some great deals 'off-season'. So I will hope for some free shipping codes, some great sales at Old Navy and take advantage of the free return shipping for the things that just aren't as cute in person. I'm also really afraid to buy anything with sleeves as I'm terrified to build a long sleeved wardrobe and pass out from the heat of it in February. What to do? I'm thinking of just getting one of those blanket sacks and lying around naked in the blanket all winter. Do those come in super large?

Friday I did the social studies copies that I didn't have time for on Thursday and they even had some surprise language and science copies. I really do enjoy making the copies and would consider a career at Kinko's if I didn't have to deal with people to do it. I'm now free until 12:30 when I watch my friend's son. Ciera and I are heading to the theater after school to see Twilight. I feel the movie was entirely miscast, but I'm still hoping to enjoy it. I rarely see a movie at a theater and I'm always disappointed when I do. Ciera is very anxious for it though and has now reread the first book for the third time in preparation. Logan has a final flag football practice tonight, but he's excused me from coming since I'll be at the game on Saturday.

Ciera had gotten a new book at the book fair last week, so I read Ella and Palace of Mirrors by Margaret Peterson Haddix (the author recommended to read over the summer). They were enjoyable reads and had me thinking about the characters from the Wind book again. I've realized that the before despised Wind book was actually an enjoyable read, I'm just angry about it stopping the story right in the middle. I love a series, but I want something wrapped up in the first book at least. On Tuesday we received a box from Amazon and waiting inside to my surprise was my next book. I had forgotten that it was due out soon. So I am now midway through Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card and I'm loving it (I've yet to dislike anything by him though). I should be reading it right now, but I felt an update was due while I had the energy to look at the calendar.

I also tried my peppermint white chocolate creamer in a giant glass of hot chocolate-YUM!!! Even Logan liked it this time. I'm using 1 packet of hot chocolate for about 24 oz of milk and it's still VERY chocolaty. I can't even imagine using 1 packet in just 8 oz of fluid like the directions say. I may even try just 1/2 a packet next time.

So overall not a bad week, just a lousy memory-if only I could blame that on the babies. Oh, and somehow my heartburn has resolved itself. I haven't had an issue for over a week, maybe two.

Ultrasound photos will go up tonight or Saturday morning at the latest.

5 comments:

J and D said...

I can't wait to hear your opinion on the movie.
The ice cream sounds amazing. I wish Coldstone was near our home.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Great update...sounds like a pretty productive weeks considering your lugging 2 around.

As to the mat clothes, not sure what you did last time but I was in the same boat as you when I was with the twins in the last trimester. I stopped buying mat clothes and went to plus size clothing and really found that worked out better and wasn't as high priced.

Just a thought, sometimes the plus size stuff is nicer too with more selection.

Cyn said...

You know I've thought about getting pajama's at the plus size store, but I didn't want to tick anyone off by walking my pregnant self in there.

I was a little worried about the length of actual shirts though. Perhaps I'll work up the nerve to check it out in Dec.

MylissaLynn said...

I'll go with you to the plus size shop if it makes you feel more comfortable! LOL

All my jammies were XXXL when I was pg with Stephanie. Not necessarily cause I was that big...but because they were comfortable and I didn't have to worry about outgrowing them. =)

Cyn said...

PJ's just went on sale there, so I'll head there this week-maybe even try on a top or two and see how the length works for the final months.
I def need some bigger PJ's, something that won't ride up while sleeping :)